Bridal Fashion Week, where several designers unveil their wedding finery for the upcoming fall, just drew to a close here in New York City. Take a peek at the styles you'll be seeing at weddings for months to come. Piles and piles of tulle! Flower crowns! Hemlines that would make a showgirl blush!
On Saturday, Monique Lhuillier presented her Fall 2014 collection as part of New York Fashion Week, and although there were a couple of white, frothy frocks, there was lots of black: Lacy black, black net, black feathers, and a sweeping black cape with crimson embroidery.
Monique Lhuillier designs for the red carpet, so it's no wonder that the the front row was propped up with boldfaces scouting for awards season. Or that, by the end, the crowd's wonder was audible.
On last night's episode, the designers had two days and $100 to create an outfit for Rebecca Romijn, who was pregnant with twins. Malvin's ensemble was based on the old dilemma: "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"
- Posh and Becks are in an underwear ad, together! David seems to be deep in thought, perhaps pondering the wisdom of letting Armani give him hair that belongs on a Lego newscaster. Narrate Victoria's inner monologue in the comments! [Telegraph]
- Pseudo-alt schlockmeisters Urban Outfitters have pulled a tee from their California stores bearing the words "I Support Same Sex Marriage," while presumably continuing to carry shirts that say "Lebowski 08." Urban remains unrepentant. [Racked]
- Can you stand it? Probably: Now you can see the full ten minutes of Karl…
- Russell Simmons may be vegan but admits, "my clothes are not especially animal-friendly." [BlackBook]
- In a somehow perfect/distasteful marriage, Gwen Stefani and L.A.M.B. will be designing the uniforms for W Hotel employees. [Portfolio]
- We've been burned by Target's accessories collabs before, but hopes are running…
The latest season of bridal shows began on Friday, and already we are mildly concerned with what we see. While really big name Badgley Mischka is, um, one of the really biggest names in this market, I found the whole collection to be 1) ugly 2) dated and 3) kitschy. Seriously, the Disney bridal dresses looked better…