As 2010 comes to a close, we take a look back at the genre that dominated our television sets: Reality TV. Whether they're Housewives, Judge Judy litigants, pageant kids or Kardashians, we've laughed at them all. Here are our favorites.
- There's a rumor circulating that Lady Gaga had her leg amputated, including this "quote": "This is the latest fashion I'm starting... I'm a world leader when it comes to wacky and weird shit." Don't worry: Gaga's legs are intact.
- Uh-oh. Sandra Bullock has left the family home.
Welcome back to Midweek Madness, in which Margaret and I judge Star, In Touch, Us, Life & Style and Ok!. This week: Sandra Bullock's husband is having an affair; Jen's getting artificially inseminated and Tinsley Mortimer is a hair model!
- This morning Charlie Sheen reported that his SUV, which he left in his open garage with the keys in the ignition, had been stolen. Later it was found totaled at the bottom of a ravine.
On today's episode, country star Mindy McCready was joking around with roommate Mackenzie Phillips when she began having a seizure. Thinking Mindy was kidding, Mackenzie laughed hysterically, until she realized how serious the situation was.
Not everybody is disturbed by Mackenzie Phillips's revelation that she had "consensual" sex with her father. Some claim that they experience a phenomenon called "genetic sexual attraction" — and that their incestuous relationships are totally okay.
- Supposedly, Johnny Depp doesn't want to make another Pirates of the Caribbean because he knows the last two "sucked." Disney will offer him a huge paycheck and if he refuses, he'll be replaced by a younger Zac Efron-type.
- At a concert on Sunday Marilyn Manson blew phlegm from his nose all over the stage (there's video). The next day he wrote on Facebook: "So I have officially been diagnosed, by a real doctor, with THE SWINE FLU..."
Chynna Phillips appeared on Oprah today to respond to her half-sister Mackenzie's shocking revelations that she'd had a sexual relationship with their father John Phillips. Chynna says she believes her sister; however, she wouldn't share Oprah's stage with her.
In this week's multimedia compilation of pop culture crap, senior citizens visit a strip club, The Insidermakes a desperate connection between Mackenzie Phillips and Michael Jackson, and Behind the Music: Bobby Brown.
- Justin Timberlake and Rihanna reportedly hooked up after the VMAs and they've "been seeing each other for the past few weeks," says a source, "He is really into her and it's only a matter of time before he dumps Jessica".
Mackenzie Phillips was on Oprah today to discuss the giant bomb she drops in her memoir High on Arrival: namely, that she had a "consensual" sexual relationship with her father John Phillips of the Mamas & the Papas.
Mackenzie Phillips, in an episode of Oprah airing later today, claims that she and her father, John Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas, had a "consensual" sexual relationship while she was a teen. Is that even possible?
- David Duchovny, 48, has entered rehab for sex addiction. Here's his statement: "I have voluntarily entered a facility for the treatment of sex addiction. I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family." Duchovy has been married to Tea Leoni since 1997 and they have 2…
The Today Show had the reunited cast of late 70s sitcom One Day At A Time on this morning, and Matt Lauer made sure to ask all the hard-hitting questions. About halfway in, Lauer began questioning Mackenzie Phillips about her coke-fueled dismissal from the show, and wrapped things up by asking Pat Harrington, Jr.…