The news that O.G. socialite-turned-HSN costume jewelry designer Iris Apfel's creations are less than original should — to anyone who pays attention to the celebrity clothing line industrial complex — be less than surprising. The story here is that Apfel, whose taste in jewelry is deservedly famous, was approached to…
After three years and 14 collections, Kate Moss for Topshop will cease to exist as a regular line in October. It doesn't take an apparel mastermind to connect flagging sales to a contract not renewed.
- In case you might have forgotten their existence, the Kardashian sisters would like to remind you that they have not only a Bebe clothing line, but also a jewelry collection. It is, says Kim, "inspired by our Armenian heritage." [People]
- Pictures of the new Kate Moss Topshop collection are out — and they prominently display the supermodel's breasts, which she just recently up and grew, like she's some kind of experimental woman built by science, or something. [Telegraph]
- Miuccia Prada: "I'm working on [a men's collection] right now and someone at the office worriedly asked me, ‘You're not going to make short skirts again, are you?' So I'm now pushing it even further, just for revenge!" [BlackBook]
Sure, it looks good on Kate, but her TopShop Fall line involves, I'll just say it, a culotte jumpsuit. And she models it all with crazy-cat-lady tights. And no pants.
Kate Moss's summer collection for Topshop — in stores and online today, folks — is, according to the store's ad copy, inspired by the supermodel's own summer travels. Take a gander at the looks and try to guess where in the world is Kate, after the jump.
The fifth installment of the Kate Moss collection for Topshop is being pretty universally recognized as... an utter disaster. Writes the paper we love to hate, the Daily Mail, writes, "What a difference a year makes." Ahtough a year ago customers were banging down the doors to get their grubby pawn on Kate garb, now,…
The 3rd installment of Kate Moss's attempt to play "fashion designer" hits Topshop stores and the Internet on October 25 and Ms. Moss debuted the line with one of those repulsive star-studded clusterfucks last night in London. And God help us: The stuff is actually really nice. Moss went for a strange Donna…
- Anne Hathaway: Possible next face of Lancome, a brand already endorsed by "such luminaries as" Kate Winslet and Clive Owen. Wait, Clive Owen? Why can't they splash him all over our perfume advertisements? [WWD, 1st item]
- And in other face-of-campaign news, Jennifer Connelly will be fronting Balenciaga for spring and…
Pete Doherty knows that nothing says I'm-Sorry-I-Missed-You-Modeling-Your-Mass-Market-Wares-In-A-Store-Window-Last-Night-Cause-I-Was-Still-In-Rehab like a big bunch 'o flora and a smile.
Across the pond, the day we have so longed for has finally arrived: KATEMOSSFORTOPSHOPDAY!