Good news out of the world of men! Similarly to how the Johns, Roberts, Williams and Jameses of the world DOMINATE our nation's board rooms, men named "John" currently account for more of our country's CEOs than all the female CEOs put together. Way to go, guys!
Ever wonder exactly who "the friend" is dishing the dirt on celebrities? Well, in the case of the Rielle Hunter-John Edwards scandal, we know exactly who it was: the memorably-named Pigeon O'Brien. And now, she's explaining why, exactly, she went to the Enquirer, broke their affair, and effectively ended his political…
At an event last night, the verbally-incontinent crooner was alternately silent and douchey.
- Fantasia Barrino was hospitalized last night after overdosing on aspirin and sleeping pills. Her manager says she was "overwhelmed by the lawsuit and media attention" related to her relationship with a married man and it seems she tried to commit suicide.
People's "Sexiest Man Alive": a title without equal or a sinister curse that will rob you, world's sexiest heartthrob, of your career, your dignity, your freedom...and your life?!
- Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer are reportedly no longer talking after Aniston admitted while on The Late Show with David Letterman that she didn't know who Schwimmer's fiance was:
- Recently Lady Gaga boarded a flight from London to New York wearing an outfit made of tightly-wrapped black and yellow tape and giant blue Alexander McQueen heels. Mid-flight, her legs started to swell, but Gaga couldn't free herself.
- Early on Monday morning, Rihanna was celebrating the Saints' Super Bowl win at a Miami club with Kim Kardashian and Timbaland, when a partygoer chucked a champagne bottle at their table from the balcony above and almost hit her.
- Jon Gosselin attempted to make peace with Kate Gosselin at a divorce arbitration hearing yesterday by bringing roses to the courtroom. Kate turned them down, "but in the end it all came together and concluded on a happy note." [People]
- Lindsay Lohan's first collection for Ungaro has been derided by yet another industry heavyweight: Emanuel Ungaro himself. The designer, who sold the business that bears his name in 2005, says Lohan's work was "a disaster" that left him "furious." [Independent]
- Angelina Jolie, as you may know, was in Baghdad yesterday. Saint Angelina walked through a makeshift settlement where 20,000 displaced Iraqis live, and said:
John Mortimer, beloved writer and creator of the iconic barrister and eccentric Rumpole of the Bailey, has died at 85. Mortimer was also an outspoken advocate of free speech and human rights. Farewell! [IHT]
- Officials are confirming that Hillary Clinton met with Barack Obama in Chicago to talk about a potential Cabinet slot. Two "senior Democratic officials" confirmed to the Huffington Post that Clinton was offered Secretary of State and asked for time to consider it, but she didn't admit to anything at a press…
- Just to prove to American voters that they are really unfeeling, the Republican National Committee released word today that the California Republican Party is filing an FEC complaint against Barack Obama for his visit to his dying grandmother, who passed away today. Is anyone home over there? [Washington Post]
- If you…