The British Academy Film Awards, perhaps better known as the BAFTAs, or "the British Oscars," are taking place in London this evening, and the stars are out in full force, wearing their glamorous awards-season best:
"How wonderful life is, now that Gaga's in the world," warbled Elton John. Hyperbolic? Maybe: but red carpets are sure a lot weirder! The amfAR New York Gala is always star-studded and fab, but it's never been this...odd.
- Angelina Jolie has a "secret family" she's "kept hidden for years."
- Madonna is in Malawi, asking the court for approval to adopt a second child. [Times of London]
- Madonna's adoption ruling has been delayed until Friday; the court has not revealed why.
Because obviously the best way to address the tragedy of Natasha Richardson's death is to ascribe it to a ghoulish, dubious "Redgrave Curse." Why settle for quiet dignity when there are conspiracy theories?!
Acclaimed actress Natasha Richardson died today of head injuries sustained in a skiing accident. She was 45.
- Miley Cyrus might make you want to puke: Hannah Montana Chocolate Granola Bars have been recalled due to suspected salmonella contamination. [Perez]
- Nelson Mandela personally called Amy Winehouse and asked her to sing at his birthday party on June 27! The former president of South Africa phoned her! Bono, Elton John and Annie Lennox are expected to perform as well. This UK paper says,"Let's hope [Amy] bee-hives herself!" Yuk, yuk. [Mirror]
- Meanwhile: Does Blake…
- Everything in Norway is smoked! Amy Winehouse's arrest stemmed from someone tipping off the police that the singer had marijuana in her hotel room. Officers held Amy, husband Blake Fielder-Civil and a male member of her tour crew for about 12 hours in separate cells, then fined and released them. We're curious…