Welcome to That’s My Title, a series in which we’ll explore songs that have similar titles and, as such, generally similar premises.
In the mid 1980s, Janet Jackson emerged as a symbol of young black feminism who would go on to shape two, or three, generations; her bewitching blend of self assuredness and sexuality in pop proved so salient that today, 30 years after Control was released, young artists like Tinashe are still sampling its b-sides.
Joe Jackson, celebrated patriarch of the Jackson clan, is making headlines again. This time it’s because the father of Janet, Michael, LaToya, and Tito allegedly had a little too much chemical help keeping his erection going for romantic encounters with beautiful younger women in Brazil.
Oprah Winfrey's much-anticipated interview with Rihanna is close at hand, during which the two women will tool around Barbados, probably hug a lot, and talk about Chris Brown, who is back in Ri-Ri's life after the 2009 assault if you go by tabloids and collaborative remixes. The tears she sheds are remarkably sadder…
- Rachel Weisz and director Darren Aronofsky are separating after nine years together.
- When reporters mentioned Swift at a recent press conference, costar Anne Hathaway came to J-Gyll's defense, joking, "I've been Jake's onscreen love interest for years...You keep the conversation to me and only me, otherwise I'm going to get nasty!" [People]
- Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher are in the Holy Land!
- Susan Sarandon, the self-described "Johnny Appleseed of ping-pong," is working on a reality show about her ping-pong nightclub SPiN, and the young players trying to make it to the Olympics. "It won't be the Jersey Shore," says Susan.
- Lindsay Lohan will finally have to answer for her behavior on that wacky night in 2007 when she stole a car, ran over a guy's foot, and was arrested with a baggie of coke in her pocket (allegedly, natch).
- Amanda Bynes has retired from acting — via Twitter.
- Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen are allegedly on a break. When asked how wedding plans are going yesterday, Rachel said, "No, no plans," and pointed to her ring-less hand adding, "No nothing."
- After a drinking binge, Amy Winehouse reportedly reentered rehab on Friday at the request of her new boyfriend Reg Traviss. "Reg has told her to quit the booze, otherwise he'll be off, and she hit it hard last week," says a source.
- Is Kristen Stewart gay?
- Last summer, psychic James Van Praagh appeared on The View, and reportedly told Barbara Walters there was an issue with her blood. Barbara said later, "I'm skeptical and Mr. Van Praagh knows it," but now she's having heart surgery.
- Jenna Jameson says she isn't extending her emergency restraining order against Tito Ortiz, and he's moving back into their home today. "To be honest, I'm not hurt at all," she said.
- Between her responsibilities as a judge on American Idol and her daily daytime talk show, Ellen DeGeneres is "headed for a total breakdown" and "has cracked under the pressure," say friends.
- Miley Cyrus, 17, is getting her own place.