Stuart told the press that this season's collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week was modeled after the British model Stella Tennant and her friends ("I was thinking about the beautiful dinners and the charades she and her friends play, and the great performances they see at the end of the night"). »
- Lindsay Lohan has been dropped as the face of Jill Stuart, because she's, well, Lindsay Lohan. Her replacement: Hilary Swank. [Porfolio - Mixed Media]
- Tomorrow's the last night of this season's Project Runway: What are fans supposed to do with ourselves now? Oh yes, stalk the casting sessions for Season 5, which… »
When New York Fashion Week kicked off, we swore to monitor the diversity — or the lack of — on the runways. CFDA president Diane Von Furstenberg sent a letter to designers, model agencies and casting directors last month, encouraging them to create shows "that are truly multicultural." Well, the NY Daily News reports… »
Jill Stuart — who sold her first collection to Bloomingdale's at the age of 15 — is known for pretty, clean, wearable clothes. Her vision for fall 2008 included lots of black, midnight blue, satin and velvet; more mildly depressed poet than all-out goth. Judge for yourself: The annotated gallery begins below.
- Rapper Eve's clothing line Fetish is having a revival. After suffering bad break-ups with both the Innovo Group and Marc Ecko, it's now reborn under the Signature Group's tutelage. And, like, the quality's going to be really good and, like, Eve is totally involved on a day-by-day basis with the line this time and we… »
- Saks will open a shoe department in its flagship NY store that's so big, it has been given its own zipcode. Somewhere, the ghost of Carrie Bradshaw squeals and says something painfully cutesy. [WWD, sub req'd]]
- Fashion designer Jill Stuart taps actress Lindsay Lohan to star in her fall ad campaign since she's so… »