It's a job with neither a salary nor wardrobe allowance, but First Ladies are still expected to dress to impress, as some of their clothing often become historical artifacts. So where does the cash come from to pay for the ball gowns and designer dresses for FLOTUS's endless public appearances?
After years of concern, concern-trolling, and self-destructive behavior that made even Oprah do this, Rihanna is allegedly taking some time off from her Diamonds World Tour to check into a women's sex and love addiction program at Centers for Relationship and Sexual Recovery (CRSR) on Recovery Ranch, a Tennessee…
He looked dapper in white tie; she was resplendent in a crimson Jason Wu gown. Official caption:
Unless, of course, your name is Jason Wu — and then you have that shit on lock. However, many other designers haven't been so lucky. According the the Washington Post, designing the first lady's first gown is not exactly a one way ticket to International Fame and All the Money junction:
Did you fail to pick out any pieces from the Jason Wu for Target line before it sold out? Look on the bright side— at least you didn't line up outside of a Target at 6:45 in the morning only to have two monster people buy the entire collection before you could get your hands on anything. Unfortunately, this is…
Three first looks at young designer Jason Wu's upcoming collection for Target, set to hit stores February 5, come to us today courtesy of Glamour and T magazine.
Who has a lot of opinions about what Kate Middleton should wear the day she becomes a princess? Designers, that's who! From Karl Lagerfeld, who favors "high boots," to Christian Lacroix, who designed an Elizabethan bodice, everyone has a fantasy.
- Gap, which last week announced it would be switching to a logo it had been trialling, immediately faced vituperative criticism. It first asked customers for better ideas, and then apologized. Now Gap has reverted to its boring old logo. [BBC]
- The mystery man Gisele Bündchen was seen canoodling with at a Paris Vogue party is believed to be a New York art dealer — and ex-boyfriend of Bündchen's fellow Brazilian model Ana Beatriz Barros — named Helly Nahmad. Ahem. [Racked]
- Christy Turlington says, "There's nothing rewarding about modeling. It was a fun opportunity that allowed me to see the world but spiritually and intellectually there is nothing rewarding about the profession at all."
- JWOWW wants Snooki to collaborate on a sunglasses collection. "I'm a good designer, but she's great with ideas. She tells me…and I can put them on paper," said JWOWW. Also, JWOWW would like Lady Gaga to wear her swimsuits. [People]
- "I don't give a fuck about red carpets, and I never do them," lies Gaga. "I don't like them. First of all — how could any of these outfits possibly look good with an ugly red carpet under them?" [ToL]
- Whippersnappers from that show about the tragic lives of children with money, and that other show about the never-ending busywork of high school performing arts, are in the new campaign for the Wal-Mart brand OP. [People]