The Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen is having quite the summer. Her androgynous good looks have graced the covers of French, Italian, and British Vogue in quick succession, Karl Lagerfeld loves her, and her Balenciaga campaign just came out.
Yes, all the stars of stage, screen and runway were at Lincoln Center's 2010 CFDA Fashion Awards. Yes, it's one of the biggest fashion events of the year. So why was this year's such a snoozefest?
- "I don't give a fuck about red carpets, and I never do them," lies Gaga. "I don't like them. First of all — how could any of these outfits possibly look good with an ugly red carpet under them?" [ToL]
Don't hate Vanessa Paradis because she's beautiful. And partners with Johnny Depp. And Chanel threw her a dinner last night for Rouge COCO at NYC's Mark Hotel with every major tastemaker. But you're allowed to hate her weird patchwork dress!
- Paris Hilton on dropping $3,880 in 40 minutes: "I think it's important to help out, you know, the economy out here, everywhere in the world... It's New Year's, I need a New Year's dress." [Breitbart]
- Addressing the alarming shortage of celebrity fragrances, Halle Berry, who is releasing her own, proclaims: "It’s a real, true expression of who I am — I was involved in all aspects of making it." [WWD]
- Oh, those wags at PETA! In another devastating jab at their fur-sporting nemeses, the animal rights wits have…
- Russell Simmons may be vegan but admits, "my clothes are not especially animal-friendly." [BlackBook]
- In a somehow perfect/distasteful marriage, Gwen Stefani and L.A.M.B. will be designing the uniforms for W Hotel employees. [Portfolio]
- We've been burned by Target's accessories collabs before, but hopes are running…
- Designer Miuccia Prada has broken her longstanding ban on black models in fashion shows! At the label's Milan show last night, British model Jourdan Dunn walked the runway and showed those white girls a thing or two. [Oh No They Didn't]
- At the Missoni party in Milan on Sunday night, model Irina Lazareanu reported that…
- Gisele's agent on that whole "anything but dollars" scandal: "She is based in America, pays her bills in America. She, like anyone else who lives in America, doesn't feel the fluctuation of the dollar until she goes shopping in Paris. She is pretty much here all the time and doesn't feel the difference." Well, now…
- WHAT?! Model Irina Lazareanu is engaged to Pete Doherty. They're already on the registry at Cokespoons N' Things! So, like what is it with this man and models? What is it with models and this man? And like, does Irina read the tabloids? Does she read at all? [WWD, 1st item]
- Model Natalia Vodianova will be walking in…