We stumbled on this 1991 International Male catalog and, frankly, we were mesmerized by what was going on in the groin area in a lot of the photos. Welcome to a gallery of high-waisted trousers, ill-fitting jeans and bulbous bulge. »
- More Olympian ovations! This week we crushed on Shelly-Ann Fraser's gleaming braces and Shawn Johnson's balance beam dominance.
- You sent in your retro sports photos, which won the adorable Olympics.
- We audibly squeeeeeee-d when we discovered that Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams were back together. Squeee!
- We did not… »
Yesterday we saw the best and the worst of two International Male catalogs from the summer of 1986, but there's one more flea market find I had to share with you guys: The 1986 Holiday catalog. Can't you tell from the tuxedo shirt and saxophone on the cover that untold treasures lie inside? Fringed leather jackets!… »
A few months ago, in an exhaustive feat of research, we found the worst outfit in the International Male catalog. And then, over the weekend: A flea market find! Issues of International Male from Summer 1986. Rayon! Army shorts! Faux eyeglasses! Underwear! The best — meaning worst — of the pages, after the jump. »The…
- We agreed we would lie to our kids about our debauched pasts. There will be fewer than eighteen of them, trust.
- You could do a lot of debaucherous damage with these crazy underoos from the International Male folks.
- We didn't just talk about International Males, we discussed international and race relations, and vowed… »
As previously noted, the International Male catalog is being phased out. The new company is UnderGear.com and thankfully they've sent out their Summer 2008 issue. I sent an IM to Anna that read, "I'm worried that this catalog is NSFW." She asked, "How so?" Then I showed her a sample. She wrote back: "Haaha! That's… »
Question: Who shops from the 'International Male' catalog? Surely not international males. For a while there, it seemed to be targeted at Teh Gayz. But the stuff being shilled now? Neither homosexual nor straight men would touch it with a ten foot pole. Satin shirts with matching ties? Gauze overalls? Pirate blouses?… »
The first time I saw an International Male catalog was at the all-girls Virginia boarding school I attended in the 1980s. The cool girls — the ones who owned their own horses and got BMWs for their 16th birthdays, with car-size bows on top — got the catalog in their mailboxes, along with subscriptions to GQ. The… »