The latest WWD has a piece on how individual designers interpret women's struggles in fashion, pegged in part to the "feminist protest" Karl Lagerfeld staged for Chanel's Spring 2015 runway. And, predictably, Karl says some pretty wacky things about it. Side eye.
The new James Bond 007 fragrance debuts at Harrods next month, coinciding with the 50th anniversary of the James Bond film franchise, and release of the 23rd Bond film, Skyfall (which hits theaters in the US in November). Because nothing says "secret spy" like having your agency code number on a fragrance bottle. So,…
- No one can accuse Terry Richardson of false advertising! And presumably in their new campaign, Equinox got exactly what they paid for from the pervy lensman. Because the shots are gratuitous and have nothing to do with fitness!
- Christy Turlington says, "There's nothing rewarding about modeling. It was a fun opportunity that allowed me to see the world but spiritually and intellectually there is nothing rewarding about the profession at all."
Jeans have gone from from workwear, to rebelwear, to wear-anywhere. They are the universal empty point around which a wardrobe is calibrated. And while they are manufactured in more sizes, styles, and washes than ever before, jeans shopping is hell.
- "I was asked recently by a significant magazine for women over 40 to pose with a cougar, and I refused to do it because I felt it was insulting. They took away the cover." Cattrall finds the term sexist. [Extra]
Everyone has a theory about what the recession will "mean" for fashion. Wanna hear often correct New York Times critic Cathy Horyn's? Oh yes you do!
- Rumor has it that Jessica Biel's gonna be designing bags for squeeze Justin Timberlake's William Rast line. "Sources say she has already started sketching designs for a limited edition collection. Isn't it a coincidence how much hidden design talent there is in Hollywood? [Daily Express]
- "In times of uncertainty, I…
- Keeping alive the fashion industry's carefully-cultivated reputation for bitchy pettiness, current Yves Saint Laurent creative director has his former boss Tom Ford in the Times mag: "Tom is talented but not gifted. That's the way he managed the business. Tom would say: 'We can't do this silhouette because she looks…
- 2-year old Suri Cruise has custom-made Christian Louboutins, making her the red-soled footwear company's youngest client ever. [NY Post]
- "She was a great sport. She agreed to do something rough and tough and quite raw. It wasn't days and days of hair and makeup," says Marc Jacobs of Victoria Beckham's participation in…