This week Jeb Bush forgot that when you’re running for president, even secretly, you must distance yourself from the last guy’s mistakes, even if that guy’s your brother whose name is George and his mistake was invading Iraq. On The Daily Show, Jon Stewart tackled Jeb (pronounced Heb) and his struggles in the best way…
To support Patrick, a two-year-old boy who has leukemia and has lost his hair, former President George Bush shaved his head this week. Bush looked way more excited about it than Patrick did.
Yesterday, the former President appeared on Oprah to discuss his memoir Decision Points. He went into detail about he could've done a better job in handling the Hurricane Katrina disaster, and how it "irritated" him to be called a racist.
Post-Taylor Swift incident, Kanye regrets calling Bush racist...though Yeezy was accused of assholery, not racism.
When Laura Bush started talking about her "romance with George" on Oprah today, we expected nausea to set in. But Mrs. Bush actually showed a little spark of feminism.
- A picture of Zach Braff smoking weed has surfaced. He's the next Michael Phelps! (Except for like, all the medals.) [Perez Hilton]
According to a recent survey, Obama has beaten out Jesus as America's most admired person. Sadly, but unsurprisingly, the top ten heroes were nearly all men, with Mother Theresa coming in at #10.
Tweaking the lines your parents used when they grounded you, Condoleezza Rice claims that life is not "a popularity contest," and that someday, people will "start to thank this president for what he's done."
- The Bidens plan to add to their household by getting another puppy from the pound. Double puppy snuggles! [Huffington Post]
- Clinton told her supporters to stop talking smack about Caroline Kennedy unless they're going to endorse someone else. She doesn't want people to believe it's coming from her. [Politico]
In Forbes' "In Praise of Laura Bush," Tunku Varadarajan calls the her "a great lady" who "represents quiet grace" and doesn't worry her pretty head about policy. Talk about damning with faint praise!
To try to come in like a lamb and go out like a lion, today Ana Marie Cox and I talk puppies, pedicures, Elvira, Bill Kristol, and the death of journalism. Do lions cry?
It used to be that this venerable feature was inspired by the news, hangovers, and/or funny pictures. But The Huffington Post's Jason Linkins and I have a new muse — or, to be fair, a couple of million of new muses harmed in the filming of SNL's digital short "Jizz In My Pants" (embedded after the jump). There's just…
- Oprah Winfrey is talking her show on the road to D.C. during the Inauguration. Let the speculation begin about which members of the new Administration will be appearing. [Access Hollywood]
- Congress is going to pass a law to reduce the salary of the Secretary of State to block Republican efforts to keep Hillary Clinton…