It would be lovely if the delusional pundits who insist that the gender wage gap is a myth were correct. (We also wish that ocean levels weren't rising, people could easily teleport to work, and Hogwarts was real. We have a lot of dreams.) Sorry, blustery self-satisfied old dudes: women still aren't getting paid and…
All European young women should get vaccinated to protect themselves against HPV, European Union health officials quite rationally announced today.
Insurance companies in the EU will no longer be able to use gender when assessing risk, according to a ruling today. This means women's car insurance premiums will probably go up, and men's retirement income could go down. And of course, everyone's arguing over whether the new rules are fair.
France's new immigration policy has forced thousands of Roma gypsies to flee, their camps smashed and with 300 Euros' reparation. Unwilling to return to the discrimination faced in Romania, many are faced with a centuries-old problem.
- "Designer" Heidi Montag to design own dress for "wedding" to "fiance" Spencer Pratt. How much cleavage will she show? [Just Jared]
- Further evidence that Project Runway's going down the tubes: LiLo's gonna guest-judge on Lifetime. [NY Mag]
- Dolce & Gabbana make bff Naomi "Siddhartha" Campbell their official muse. [Mail…
- What happens when you're high on coke and eluding cops in a cornfield? Some maize-y shit! [Daily Mail]
- Proving himself to be the poster child for special-needs reptiles everywhere, a one-eyed alligator attacked a golfer in Florida today. Both man and gator are doing fine. [CNN]
- Penguins used to be almost 5 ft tall!…
- Lindsay Lohan signs up for a Promises outpatient program designed to enable her to "transition" back into her "community"...of cokehead pseudo-socialites. [People.com]
- France snubs Turkey in EU talks. We think this has to do with Istanbul beating out Paris in that Newsweek story on "fashion forward" cities. [BBC]