Over the weekend in Washington, DC, celebrities converged at the annual White House Correspondents ' Dinner, rubbing elbows with journalists and political types. What does one wear to hear President Obama make jokes about himself? Full-length gowns and bare shoulders.
Last night at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards, the gowns were mostly good: Sparkly, vibrant, glittery bombshell dresses perfect for Hollywood royalty. Unfortunately, there were a couple of duds: Hideous or ill-fitting concoctions that fell flat. Let's take a look, shall we?
Emily Mortimer can speak Russian (because she learned at Oxford, nbd or anything), admits to crying over American Idol because it has somehow tapped into her emotional core, and thinks Grace Kelly à la High Society is the epitome of Hollywood glamor. These are just a few of the things one can learn after a casual…
In her continued (and, if you ask me, unnecessary) bid for relevancy, Madonna most recently pissed off Mothers Against Guns during her MDNA tour. They objected when Madge waved around some (fake) firearms onstage during a concert in Murrayfield, Scotland not 48 hours after the Colorado Dark Knight Rises shooting, also…
Last night's premiere of Hugo — the film version of the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret, directed by none other than Martin Scorsese — brought out some of my fave folks. Marty! Steve Buscemi! Patricia Clarkson! Chloe Moretz! Something about a rainy New York night and a movie about an orphan who lives in a train…
- Good morning! Everyone is reportedly getting married today, including John Krasinski and Emily Blunt:
- Sunday, Mary-Kate Olsen was on a flight from New York to Los Angeles when an electrical fire sparked in the cockpit, causing the windshield to crack.
- The second season of Jersey Shore promises to be action-packed! Saturday night, some guy was less-than-respectful to Snooki and JWoww, so Snickers slapped him, then threw food and booze at him. (He threw a drink on her, too).
The Metropolitan Opera gala premiere of the crusade-themed 'Armida' attracted a huge number of stars: Chloe, Maggie, Ginnifer, Julianne - you get the picture. And whether or not they're actually Rossini-lovers, they certainly looked the part!
- Uh-oh. Sandra Bullock has left the family home.
- After six years on Grey's Anatomy, Katherine Heigl is jumping ship.
BAFTA is the gift that just keeps on giving: although Hortense did one rad roundup yesterday, there are more, still more rad British getups to start the week off right!
- According to a source, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have been staging photo ops in Venice.
- Stephen Baldwin told a reporter at CPAC, "I am not happy about the way things are. I pray for President Obama every single day. But tell you what. Homey made this bed, now he has got to lay in it."
- Frances Bean Cobain has written an open letter to Ali Lohan. Would you like to know what it says? Here goes — and consider it to be [sic]-filled:
Ahh, Emily: the girl with the adorable pigtails who just might poison your soda.
- American Idol runner-up Adam Glambert has been vague about his sexuality, but a source says:
Okay let's cut to the chase: Last night. Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala. Theme was "Superheroes." Everyone and their brother was there. I've broken the photos down into Good, Bad, and Ugly for your viewing pleasure. The Good — including Victoria Beckham, Christina Ricci, Diane Kruger, Iman, Mischa…