We all know the true cost of an H&M synthetic sweater is not reflected in its $29.90 pricetag. The fashion industry is a tremendous generator of waste, and it has a nasty habit of treating garment workers as disposable labor.
- SJP on Carrie's style influence: "I've never revealed as much or been so daring or made quite as many triumphant mistakes as Carrie. But I'm now bolder than I would have been had I never played this part." [People]
- Posh and Becks are in an underwear ad, together! David seems to be deep in thought, perhaps pondering the wisdom of letting Armani give him hair that belongs on a Lego newscaster. Narrate Victoria's inner monologue in the comments! [Telegraph]
- Madonna's fall campaign for Louis Vuitton leaked online, and the star — captured by Steven Meisel and 23 psychedelic Photoshop layers — sort of looks like a marble statue. [Fashionologie]
Everyone has a theory about what the recession will "mean" for fashion. Wanna hear often correct New York Times critic Cathy Horyn's? Oh yes you do!
- Those invited to Marc Jacobs' annual holiday costume party (aka - not us) need to start preparing their costumes now. The theme has finally been announced! "Arabian Nights." We double-dare someone to go as Edward Said. [WWD, 2nd item]
- The most important movie of all time, the Sex and the City movie, shot at the…