New York Fashion Week is over. Now London Fashion Week is underway. Today, Christopher Bailey presented his beauteous spring 2014 collection for Burberry Prorsum.
- Beth Ditto is designing another Evans collection. Last time the singer held fast to the 80s, with sometimes mixed results, but the range that will hit stores in September counts everything from Victoriana to "Noughties body-con" as an influence. [Telegraph]
- Lindsay Lohan's first collection for Ungaro has been derided by yet another industry heavyweight: Emanuel Ungaro himself. The designer, who sold the business that bears his name in 2005, says Lohan's work was "a disaster" that left him "furious." [Independent]
Burberry designer Christopher Bailey — a working-class Yorkshire lad — is profiled at length by the New Yorker's Lauren Collins. Bailey is notable not only for overseeing a house that was until recently considered moribund, but for being unusually nice.
- It seems Calvin Klein put up a billboard in SoHo which some find a little too sexy. We sure hope this kerfuffle ("It's borderline pornographic!") and all the media coverage of it doesn't hurt the company's denim sales! [NYDN]
- Funny, this picture of Amy Winehouse looking "healthy and stylish" still looks off. British label PPQ is bringing the troubled singer's long-rumored fashion line to fruition — if you count PPQ "providing all materials and doing the design," as anything like having your own collection. [This is London]
- Apparently Thierry Mugler's doing Beyonce's tour costumes. This could go in one of two directions. [Style.com]
- Diddy: “I’m only about five minutes late because I was running around and spraying people." We think he's talking about his new "I Am King" fragrance — a monarch's gotta mark his territory! [WWD]
- David Arquette starts fashion line. With Ben Harper. It involves "cuffed trousers cut out of cool chambray, vests accented with bow snaps, minidresses screen-printed with clusters of chubby birds and ruched boyshorts for bikini sets. The palette is intended to be timeless in navy, red, white and yellow." [WWD]
Milan Fashion week kicked off over the weekend and one thing is for sure: the Italians are getting sentimental over the Summer of Love. Roberto Cavalli put his favorite animal prints on tights, which were then paired with everything from long and flowing boho dresses to Mia Farrow-esque smocks. Missoni also played…
- In an unprecedented gesture, Donatella Versace has named Patrick Dempsey the face of the Versace men's line for not one but two consecutive seasons. Perhaps she's impressed by his track record on the whole "gets hotter every year OMG" front? [Fashion Week Daily]
- Speaking of Donatella, Tom Ford agrees with her that…