Weekly-ish, a pre-approved, snap-judged music guide based on our very scientific, non-subjective Yes/No rating system. There’s really no debating this, come on, stop. »
Riff Raff's "Tip Toe Wing In My Jawwdinz" video has arrived and I… don't know how to feel as an intelligent black woman who has spent a decade as a music critic. On one hand, dude's entire package is a joke based on black culture; on the other, dude is like an In Living Color skit gone terribly right—he's hilarious. »
Kris Jenner, matriarch of the Kardashian clan, was targeted by a bizarre stalking/hacking campaign which including a fake recording the television star using racist slurs. »
There were respectful, emotional responses from myriad celebrities about the events at Sandy Hook Elementary yesterday, and there was the one on country singer and singing competition judge Blake Shelton's Twitter.
Across the country this past weekend, celebs got all dressed up for Halloween. Some costumes were cute, some costumes were funny, some costumes were a total embarrassment. »
The 2011 Jenesse Silver Rose Auction and Gala at the Beverly Hills Hotel honored Halle Berry, so obviously she was the star of the show — with a great supporting cast.
- Natalie Portman's Best Actress trophy at last night's Critic's Choice Movie Awards was Black Swan's only victory of the night, even though it was nominated in 12 different categories. The Facebook movie snuck up from behind, winning three awards. »
- In an upcoming MTV documentary about her, Nicki Minaj discusses how The Showbiz's double-standardism discourages women artists from being more assertive. "When I am assertive, I'm a bitch," she says. "When a man is assertive, he's a boss." »
So this happened. But so did a lot of other things, like lots of black lace, random pops of grown-up glamour (which is not really what the AMAs are about, but hey), and Nicki Minaj. Oh, where to begin? »
- Lindsay Lohan has hired famed attorney Robert Shapiro to represent her, but it doesn't look like Shapiro is interested in getting Lohan out of her jail time: »
- Today in a hard-hitting interview with Meghan McCain for The Daily Beast, Snooki revealed that she's against the Obama administration's tax on tanning booths, but voted for John McCain mainly because he's "really cute." »
- Lady Gaga says she's decided "to be single at this point in my life because I don't have the time to get to know anybody. And you know what? It's OK. Even Lady Gaga can be celibate." »
- Kevin Smith says the way the media covered him being kicked off a Southwest flight was, "Pathetic. I was unfairly bounced and discriminated against, but they never bothered to tell that story. They just went with the easy fat jokes." »