Chanel has really gone all out for their new Chanel N°5 ad campaign, which stars Gisele and was written and directed by Baz Luhrmann. I guess Brad Pitt's handsome mug wasn't cutting it.
- Chanel is apparently turning the Musée D'Orsay in Paris into a giant, sparkly, 2,890 square foot billboard for No. 5 perfume. We hope the museum is being rewarded handsomely for its services as a host for corporate messaging. [WWD]
- Eva Mendes, along with male model Jamie Dornan, are confirmed as the fall faces of Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear. Steven Klein shot the campaigns. [WWD]
- Karl Lagerfeld is directing a silent movie. Obviously. "Expect a fast-paced, laugh-packed and loose interpretation of Gabrielle Chanel’s adventures between 1913 and 1923." Riotous, we're sure. [WWD]
- We had heard, of course, about the new Chanel fishing rod. However! Until now we had not seen its quilted case and…
- The latest on the Nina Garcia saga: If she takes the editor-at-large gig she'll only be there til mid-October, when ELLE's contract with Project Runway ends and then she'll be let go for reals. (Dear Nina: You can do better than that.) Meanwhile, no one at ELLE or its publisher Hachette Filipacchi Media has issued a…