- John McCain told Marie Claire that he's like Jack Bauer except for the torture thing. That he doesn't like except for when it's directed at "enemy combatants" and conducted outside of American soil without judicial review and Jack does it all the time. There's totally a difference. [Huffington Post]
- You know how… »
Michelle Obama's confession that she hadn't really been proud of her country in the past twenty five years or so before they started uniting behind her stinky snore-y husband made me think this morning: when was the last time I felt proud of this place? Well duh, I thought: no one ever thinks they love FREEDOM until… »
- Bill Clinton's former campaign manager endorses Obama; thinks winning Ohio would "wrap up the nomination." [Baltimore Sun]
- Tally: Obama 1,275 Clinton 1,220; Obama also wins the popular vote even if you include Florida. [LA Times]
- Ann Coulter was just on Fox News. "Ha ha, my endorsement strategy worked perfectly," she… »
In the aftermath of Benazir Bhutto's untimely demise, several strange articles about her life and legacy have appeared. The most bizarre is the one written by her apparent confidante, TV journalist Daphne Barak (shown at left with Bhutto) in Britain's Daily Mail newspaper. The piece, which was ostensibly meant as a… »
- So uh, not so much cracking this holiday week. Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto was
gunned downkilled on the campaign trail. We broke down the geopolitical conflict for y'all.
- Speaking of geopolitical conflict, apparently Sarah Jessica Parker hates Kim Cattrall. Just like the Muslims and Hindus!
- In other… »
So, remember how Benazir Bhutto came back and was all, "I just came back because I feel I need to be in Pakistan"? Well what really happened is she gave the US ambassador to Pakistan a ride on her plane out of Aspen over the summer, and he pitched the idea to her because they were old pals. Then they went to the State… »
We had a long chat with Central and South Asia expert Josh Foust of the website Registan about the assassination of Benazir Bhutto this morning. "She's beloved by her clan and by the masses her people own but otherwise, a lot of people do not like her because of how she and her father stole billions of dollars from… »
Exiled Pakistani leader Benazir Bhutto was killed in a suicide bombing today. She wasn't killed by the bombing itself, of course, she was killed by a bullet wound to the neck. Not leaving anything to chance, these Bhutto- haters! You'll recall that Bhutto had returned to Pakistan two months back after making… »
"Pakistan's former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto adjusts her scarf during a news conference on Tuesday evening. Bhutto returned from self-exile to take part in the coming elections scheduled in January 2008." »
Over the weekend I watched Keeping Up With The Kardashians for the first time, and watching Bruce Jenner's resigned, paralyzed-looking face spliced up against scenes of his nine-year-old skipping around the household stripper pole to observe their elder sisters' trip to the Mexican estate of Girls Gone Wild founder… »