Latin scholars are engaged in a vigorous debate over whether Ashley Alexandra Dupre's "Tutela Valui" tattoo, spotted last weekend when the ex-Spitzer hooker made a rare appearance on the secluded Jersey Shore, is so dumb as to be a tattoo dealbreaker. "One California professor translated it as 'I have been highly… »
Yesterday, one of Jezebel's brother sites, Gawker, wrote about "Debauchette," one of the several prostitutes who appeared on the Diane Sawyer 20/20 special about working girls. Even though Debauchette's voice was altered and her appearance masked, her mother recognized her because of the idiosyncratic cadence of her… »
"[High end prostitutes] enjoy it...They feel like they're not being taken advantage of any longer—they understand the situation, and they don't get their heart broken. It's just like being a mortician: You could just see people that are dead and you don't get involved with them emotionally. Same thing as a working… »
Joel Stein's story about the jailbound Joe Francis in the April GQ begins with Joe remembering the first time they met one another, six years ago; God it was great. They'd been in the Girls Gone Wild tour bus, watching the crew tape some chick on a bunk bed. Joe had told Joel to fill a Mike's Hard Lemonade bottle with… »
Oh, what? You thought blindness would be an effective antidote to the old "wandering eye" problem? Wrong! Being blind just means crap taste in hotels. But here's the part we don't get: why, after you've been illicitly screwing some broad at the 94th street Days Inn do you take your wife back there? And what's more… »
- We discovered that ( now-former ) New York Governor Eliot Spitzer goes to whores.
- We also discussed Ashley Alexandra Dupre, aka "Kristen", the woman who was allegedly the whore in question. Her new single is off the chain!
- We commisserated with Spitzer's poor wife, Silda.
- Bet disgraced Glamour blogger Mike Cherico is… »
What's so wrong about prostitution? I didn't read a real answer until I saw this essay by a former madam. See, it's actually not that it attracts girls who've been abused and wronged and neglected. It's actually that it attracts girls who've been raised happily and healthily and self-esteem-brimmingly, like you know… »
Oh no, really? Another day of this? Doesn't she get old? (No!) So what, did they talk to her pimp or something? Is her song the most-downloaded thing on some website somewhere? Did Penthouse come calling? Whatever it was, the guy who owns my deli was checking out my Daily News when I came back from picking up coffee… »
- "After the first play, a lot of the reaction was negative. But after the second play, it became, `Play that song again,' and `Hey, that song's not bad." That's the program director of New York's Z100 discussing lovely Ashley Alexandra "Kristen" Dupre's song "What We Want." (Some mashups here.) You might recall the… »
- I know what I want, you know what I want, I know what you need, can you handle me? Thus begins the mellifluous "What We Want," the latest track posted on the MySpace page of Ashley Alexandra Dupre, the musician, abuse victim, former drug abuser and self-professed "non moron" who had sex with Eliot Spitzer under the… »