The Hadid sisters are officially having their moment, and New York Fashion Week was where they made that moment known. While Gigi’s been doing quite all right as a model for some time, Spring/Summer 2016 was apparently the season Bella stepped it up herself. Each sister walked shows individually, but they were also…
Bohemian sparkle princess Anna Sui brings her usual love for color and lush, intricate fabrics to her Spring 2014 collection.
Anna Sui brought the funk to NY's fashion week yesterday; highlighting plenty of A-line dresses, bright patterned sweaters, and mix-and-match separates (with ties!). The collection is inspired by the graphic aesthetic of Godard's films, and imbued with Sui's favorite colors and playfulness.
For spring 2012, Anna Sui is looking back — at the 1930s and 1940s. Her collection, shown yesterday in New York, featured strong shoulders balanced by nipped-in, belted waists, reminiscent of a film noir femme fatale. But the zany patterns, deep hues and quirky styling gave the presentation a playful twist. In a few…
You know what you're getting from Anna Sui — grooviness, girliness, whimsy, purple — but that doesn't mean you aren't always glad to see it! And this show had even more oomph than usual, if that's possible. Two words: animal hoods.
- SJP on Carrie's style influence: "I've never revealed as much or been so daring or made quite as many triumphant mistakes as Carrie. But I'm now bolder than I would have been had I never played this part." [People]
For fall 2010, Anna Sui's vision didn't veer from her usual comfort zone: Flrity, fun garments with a handmade vibe. Touches of embroidery, floral prints and velvet in saturated hues make Old World ideas look new and current.
- Stephanie Seymour's divorce from Peter Brant is getting even uglier. After police were called to the couple's home following Seymour's complaint that Brant's security assaulted her, Brant has accused the model of drug use and is seeking sole child custody:
Born in Detroit, 45-year-old Parsons-educated Anna Sui never really wavers from her girly/punky/preppy/babydoll formula, but somehow, it always works. For spring 2010, Sui showed retro funky schoolgirl, with lots of plaid, zany '60s patterns and a healthy dose of fun.
Can you think of a better combination for fun than these two? As if we weren't excited enough for Anna Sui's GG-inspired Target collection, last night's event at the New York pop-up store has us on pins and needles!
- For the September issue of Harper's Bazaar, the magazine interviewed Karl Lagerfeld, speaking as Coco Chanel. In character, the Grand Teuton shared such idiotic reflections as: "I was never a feminist because I was never ugly enough for that." [FWD]
- The UK supermarket chain Asda has knocked off the Fall '09 Balmain dress that Kate Moss wore out dancing — and burst the seams of — two months ago. Asda's version costs just £16. [Telegraph]
- Unlike her husband, who plans on doing zero promotional work for his Adidas line, Victoria Beckham is in New York to unveil a new 20 ft Emporio Armani ad at Macy's. [UPI]