This week, in shit-hot stuff happening on the internet, once-great feminist pundit Naomi Wolf wrote a column about how vocal fry is Keeping Women Down, and then other women across the internet rebutted her, rightly positing that when your dads bitch about the way you talk it’s because they’re just trying to not listen…
Nancy Jo, this is Bobby Finger calling. I’m calling to let you know that Alexis Neiers is now a wife, mother, and practicing doula. In an interview with Ravishly, Neiers discussed her struggles with addiction, memories of Pretty Wild, the inaccuracies of The Bling Ring, and why she decided to begin a new career…
Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring (based on the book by Nancy Jo Sales) is set for wide released this weekend. Are you ready for it? If not, it's okay! That's why we're here — to catch you up. Not on the entire history of the Bling Ring, of course. That would take ages and it's already been well covered. Instead we're…
Alexis Neiers, former reality star, convicted felon, and member of the infamous group of teenage burglars who robbed about $3 million worth of cash and belongings from celebrities like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Orlando Bloom will be portrayed by Emma Watson in Sophia Coppola's Bling Ring. With her criminal…
- Even though sometimes remakes seem like cop-outs, the Clint Eastwood-directed A Star Is Born starring Beyoncé could actually be awesome.
- Would you like to see Miley Cyrus take a bong hit and then start laughing really hard? You're in luck!
- Lindsay Lohan reportedly checked herself into a live-in substance abuse program late yesterday, three days after being released from jail.
- Casey Affleck is currently being sued by a woman who claims that he sexually harassed her while shooting I'm Still Here, the documentary Affleck made about his brother-in-law, Joaquin Phoenix:
- Lindsay Lohan will finally have to answer for her behavior on that wacky night in 2007 when she stole a car, ran over a guy's foot, and was arrested with a baggie of coke in her pocket (allegedly, natch).
- Chace Crawford was arrested this morning for possession of marijuana. Sources say he was in a car outside a Plano, Texas bar when cops found one unlit joint. If convicted he could be sentenced to six months in jail. [TMZ]
- Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Aniston are filming Just Go With It together in Maui, and acting like "absolute best friends," according to a source.
On last night's episode, Alexis received some vague (but good?) news regarding the status of her felony robbery charge, but was bummed by her mother's nagging. She accused her mom of "bad parenting choices," with which her mother later agreed.
We'd love to know how VF's Nancy Jo Sales reacted when she heard the hysterical voicemail messages Alexis Neiers left—after reading Sales' revealing piece about the Bling Ring—which was depicted on last night's episode of Neiers' reality show.
- Last week, Dr. Drew said that he believes that Lindsay Lohan needs help; now Lindsay has told GossipCop:
Last night's episode featured Alexis Neiers' preliminary hearing. Before entering court, her mom gave her Adderall for "stress." With her motion to dismiss the charges denied, she will stand trial for first-degree felony robbery of Orlando Bloom's home.
Pretty Wild—the reality show starring Alexis Neiers, an alleged member of the teen "Bling Ring"—premiered last night. It'll chronicle Neiers' trial for first-degree felony burglary of Orando Bloom's home, but the ethics—of rewarding her the spotlight—are questionable.