Four years clean and sober, Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond says he wants to get some stuff off his chest. Specifically, he is opening up about his struggles with drug abuse, in hopes that it'll clear up years of mysteriously shitty behavior. Take it away, Albert.
"It's not so much that I wasn't in a happy place; I was just... God knows where I was. I was just very high. That's where I was... I mean, do you want me to get specific? I don't mind, but yeah, I used to shoot cocaine, heroin and ketamine. All together. Morning, night, 20 times a day.
You know, I was a mess. I look back and I don't even recognize myself. I did my own thing. I mean, you have moments when you're fine. And if someone meets you, you seem fine. But I remember when I was showing someone some music and I was wearing a short shirt and... there were just purple (needle track marks) all the way down (my arm). And then they would call someone - 'Did you see Albert, he looks crazy?'. That's where I learned to wear long sleeves. I've had these tattoos forever and I have people coming up (saying), 'Oh, you've had new tattoos?'. I'm like, 'No, you just haven't seen me with a short shirt on...
I think drugs were a great way to get out of your head. You enjoy that for a while, it helps you to go to new places. But then it stops you from growing and puts you in a place where you're just not as good as you could be - for me. I'm not judging. I did it hard and for a long time, so I'm in no place to judge, nor would I. Something clicked one day, and I got out of it."
Many congratulations to him on getting clean, and I'd like to clarify that conquering addiction isn't necessarily so simple as something just "clicking" one day. I'm not sure exactly what Hammond meant, but a lot of people don't just "get out of it." But basically, Vulture]
- Somebody stole Victoria Beckham's bike! [E!]
- The mayor of Hartford says that Dave Chapelle needs to "quit whining," so if you need me I'll be screaming until Tuesday. [ContactMusic]
- Here's Robin Thicke and Paula Patton on the cover of Prestige. [JustJared]
- John Legend says that you have to be a "smart girl" if you want to be considered more than just a booty call. In case you all needed more vague, patronizing standards to live up to so that you can better please men's penises. [ContactMusic]
- Kim Kardashian went outside. [DailyMail]
- Angelina Jolie and children went to the airport. [E!]
- Lindsay Lohan is voluptuous and wore a crown. [DailyMail]
- Jennifer Lawrence pretty. [E!]
- ROMAN POLANSKI SAD WHY PEOPLE SO MEAN TO ROMAN POLANSKI. [Guardian]
- Khloe Kardashian posted a "sexy selfie." [E!]