After waging an open-letter crusade against Miley Cyrus' "prostitution is cool" style/message, Sinéad O'Connor is back to talk about the sexualization of young celebrities. She told MagicFM:
''I think that people focus an awful lot on the female aspect to this, but it is also the males. The very young male artists who are practically children or look like children are also being sexualised.
''Justin Bieber is a great example. When he came along he was only 16 years of age. Obviously he was extraordinarily talented, so I'm not trying to negate that, but he was very much being sold on his sexuality.''
"…Britney Spears, of course was quite inappropriately young to be sold in that way, dressed up in a school uniform. But I think that really people forget that the guys are going through it as well, and I think that is quite important.''
''The children are being sexualised too early and both the male and female sense of worth is focused on the way they look and whether or not they are attractive to the opposite sex.''
If this goes down the same path as the Miley debacle, we can all expect Bieber's new music video to be a replica of one of her music videos…or maybe her scandalous Pope-tearing SNL appearance. [Contact Music]
Jesus H. Macy this thing about Bobbi Brown interviewing Jennifer Aniston is kind of insufferable. I know they're accomplished women and have contractual brand namedropping duties to fulfill, but sorry people. I could only handle so much of them kissing each others' booties before just scrolling around. If you want to take a look at it, by all means. Here's some stuff to look forward to:
BB: Your body doesn't get thinner, but your hair does. That's how I know God is not a woman.
Then Aniston talks about how she gives herself bread on the weekends. And then talks about hydration (probably because of her Smart Water deal). And then:
JA: …There is also this pressure in Hollywood to be ageless. I think what I have been witness to, is seeing women trying to stay ageless with what they are doing to themselves. I am grateful to learn from their mistakes, because I am not injecting s**t into my face.
Aniston goes on to talk about how Gloria Steinem is gorgeous and doesn't "touch her face," which is just astounding. But then Aniston and Brown talk about representing beauty in all ages and how important it is to not strive to look impossibly young. MIXED MESSAGES. [Yahoo]
- David Duchovny and Tea Leoni finally got QUIETLY divorced after being separated since 2011. [TMZ]
- Don't panic, but Drake Bell (the other Drake… from Nickelodeon's Drake and Josh) hung out at Disneyland 16 days last month. SIXTEEN. So he either joined one of those rockabilly Disneyland Social Clubs or HE LIVES AT DISNEYLAND. [TMZ]
- Christina Ricci and her husband James Heerdegen had a baby boy! [USMagazine]
- Mariah Carey parted ways with Jermaine Dupri because "Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse" did not do so hot. They worked together since 1995. [Contact Music]
- Oh nothing just Jane Fonda holding a chair with Ryan Goslings face on the seat. Riiiiiiiight where you put the butt. [Perez Hilton]
- Julia Stiles went "wild" after the debut of her play "Phoenix" and apparently danced barefoot until 4 am to "Empire State of Mind." In my mind she performed the Save the Last Dance choreography while demanding the DJ play "Empire State of Mind" on repeat for five hours straight. [Page Six]
- Kristen Stewart doesn't smile because that's exactly what people would be desecrating me for…They'd be like, 'Now you're going to give it up, now you're a sellout.'" [Contact Music]
Images via Getty.