Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski did such a magnificent job commentating on the Sochi Olympics that NBC has reportedly tapped them to do red carpet Oscar commentary for Access Hollywood. This is obviously DELIGHTFUL NEWS.
The duo are leaving Sochi following their last show for NBC and heading to Los Angeles, where they'll critique fashion at the Oscars for Access Hollywood.
"We already have people pulling clothes," he told USA TODAY Sports on Saturday night. "We're going to be ready. And we're going to bring it."
This was the first Winter Games as broadcasters for Lipinski, the 1998 gold medalist, and Weir, a two-time Olympian. NBC signed them to do commentary for NBC Sports Network, its cable channel that streamed the entire event.
"We came into this thinking, `OK, Johnny and I going to do our best. We're rookies," Lipinski said.
"And we'll see you in four years when we're better!" Weir chimed in.
It might even tempt me into watching the 17 fucking hours of Oscar red carpet coverage (or, as I like to call it, nature's Ambien!). [USAToday]
Because the world we currently inhabit is completely crackers, former Blossom actress Mayim Bialik has to go around explaining to strangers that breastfeeding is not the same as having sex with a baby.
"What I like to point out is that was the best way for that subway ride to be pleasant for everyone," she said, adding later: "I don't believe you need to cover up a baby eating anymore than you need to cover a baby drinking a bottle."
As for anyone who is offended by the sight of a mother nursing her child, Bialik says that mindset is a symptom of our culture's "very, very bizarre relationship with breasts." On behalf of all mothers and hungry babies everywhere, she hopes to clear up that confusion for good.
"Breastfeeding is NOT a sexual act," she told Camilleri. Amen.
- Josh Brolin is dating his assistant. [Us]
- RuPaul rang the NASDAQ closing bell today. [Twitter]
- The girl from Pretty Little Liars is marrying the dude from Suits. [People]
- TOM HARDY RUNS SHIRTLESS IN BOXERS FOR CHARITY. [E!]
- Amanda Seyfried has been cast in Ted 2. [E!]
- Jimmy Kimmel is having another baby. [People]
- Bachelor "winner" Catherine Giudici (who I think must be the sister of a girl who went to my high school? Because they have the same last name and the same face?) got bangs. [E!]
- Katie Holmes does not want to die. [JustJared]
- Ryan Sweeting live-tweeted his bowel movement. [E!]
- Alessandra Ambrosio made these clothes for you. [E!]
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are on the cover of Martha Stewart Weddings and it is pretty adorable. [E!]
- Scott Speedman (WORMLIP! USE IT UNTIL IT CATCHES ON) opened up about dating co-stars. "That's what happens in Hollywood." [JustJared]
- Miley Cyrus would rather choke on her own tongue than play Tinkerbell in an NBC live production of Peter Pan. I know I don't work in showbiz, but I feel like there MUST be some middle-ground there. [JustJared]
- Jason Sudeikis and his uncle George Wendt WENDT for a walk!!!!!!! #NAILEDIT [Us]
- Monday sucks, right? NOT WHEN YOU REMEMBER ABOUT THIS LADY SINGING BANANA PHONE!!!
Images via Getty.