A word of advice for the parents of teenagers: It’s probably not a good idea to urge your teen child to marry a 51-year-old actor who appeared on Lost a few times. Just ask Krista Stodden, the mother of Courtney Stodden, who allowed (some might even say encouraged) her daughter to marry old-ass Doug Hutchinson at the not-legal-in-many-states age of 16.
Krista and Courtney have not been on great terms since Krista quit being Courtney’s “momager” over creative differences.
“Courtney is turning 21 and this will be the first time in my life that I have not been with my daughter on her birthday,” Krista tells Radar. “Things are still very icy between us and I have not talked to her since she and I went our separate ways.”
Well, if there’s one thing that’s known to heal mother/daughter relationships, it’s probably talking about your highly personal relationship with an internet tabloid:
“I believe there are external influences without any names being said,” Krista told Radar. “I do not believe mothers and daughters should be separated.”
“I think that if a husband can see that there are problems between his wife and her mother I believe he should stay out of the situation,” Krista continued, calling out Hutchison. “There are some really horrible things that he has done to me since she and I have not been speaking that will be very hard to ever forget about.”
In 2011, Hutchison and Stodden tied the knot in a Vegas ceremony with her mother’s consent, a move that she says she now regrets.
“I do take full responsibility, however because I am the one that did sign the paper for her to marry this man,” Krista admitted. “If I had to do it all over again I cannot tell you if I would be signing that paper.”
Who could have possibly seen this coming?
Did Taylor Swift fart on camera at the VMAs? I mean, COULD WE REALLY BE THAT LUCKY?
“MTV is saying a noise that sounded like Taylor Swift passing gas on live TV was just a faulty microphone...but the impeccable timing of the toot makes that hard to believe,” reports TMZ. “...So many things happened at the right time to make you believe Taylor squeezed it easy: her crouching at the same time as the toot, the open-mouth reaction and the wince on Karlie Kloss’ face who was right behind Taylor.”
For all the ways that Taylor tries to be relatable, this is the first time where I’ve really been like, “BEEN THERE, GIRL.” [TMZ]
- The James Bond author is sorry for calling Idris Elba “too street.” [NYDN]
- Andrew Garfield wants nothing to do with the studio system’s prison of capitalism. [IW]
- Kate Mara’s publicist seems to be setting her up on a lot of fake dates lately. [E! News]
- Here are some boring photos from Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed’s wedding, if that’s you’re thing. [THG]
- Colin Farrell is okay with being single. Seriously, he’s fine. Seriously, he swears. [Just Jared]
- Ashton Kutcher looks like some guy from The Bachelor, according to Mila Kunis. [People]
- Jay Z wants to keep his criminal past out of his current lawsuit. [TMZ]
- Please don’t mention my criminal past in the comments.
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Images via Getty.