Now that the investigation is complete, the Coroner Division of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office has both notified family members and released the names of the 14 victims from yesterday’s brutal mass shooting.
Fourteen people were killed and 21 were wounded when, on December 2, 2015, a married couple opened fire at the Inland Regional Center, a facility that serves “thousands of people with disabilities.” According to the New York Times, the United States has not seen such a high death toll since the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School almost three years ago. However, this year alone there have been at least 352 mass shootings: more than one shooting for each day of the calendar year.
From the New York Times, here are the names of the San Bernardino shooting victims:
- Shannon Johnson, 45, Los Angeles
- Bennetta Bet-Badal, 46, Rialto
- Aurora Godoy, 26, San Jacinto
- Isaac Amanios, 60, Fontana
- Larry Kaufman, 42, Rialto
- Harry Bowman, 46, Upland
- Yvette Velasco, 27, Fontana
- Sierra Clayborn, 27, Moreno Valley
- Robert Adams, 40, Yucaipa
- Nicholas Thalasinos, 52, Colton
- Tin Nguyen, 31, Santa Ana
- Juan Espinoza, 50, Highland
- Damian Meins, 58, Riverside
- Michael Wetzel, 37, Lake Arrowhead
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Image via Getty.