Few things in life will let you know which friends you truly value like creating an invite list for your wedding. One deranged bride with an ax to grind wanted to drive that point home in a Facebook post, enumerating the reasons why some "friends" aren't important enough to make the cut.
There's something about coming up with a list of people you're willing to get drunk and feed on your dime that just really forces you to decide, in no uncertain terms, who is "worth it." Everyone has their own personal criteria drawing that line in the sand, but proper social etiquette dictates that you keep those reasons to yourself. Besides, if someone doesn't receive an invitation, that should be able to get the picture anyway.
But that wasn't enough for one looney-tunes bride. She decided to post a list of reasons why some of her Facebook friends will be receiving an invitation to what she clearly believes will be the event of the century.
We are sending out invites for the wedding this week. Going through the list of people to invite. We only have so much room at the church and reception. I'm going to try and make this as simple as possible so no one gets butt hurt. If you do not get an invite here is a list of potential reasons why.
1. If I have invited you everytime [sic] we have a group function and you never show up
2. If you are just a work acquaintance and I have never hung out with you outside of work
3. If I show up to thinks you invite me to and you never show up to our invites or even respond
4. If I have only hung out with you in a group setting and we're not that close of friends
5. If at any point you have ever talked shit about me or [redacted] your [sic] definitely not invited
6. If your [sic] only going to show up for food and alcohol and really have no interest other than that
7. If you got married and I thought we were friends and you didn't invite me
If you don't get an invite and you are planning on coming let me or [redacted]
This wedding seems to be less about getting married than it is about getting even with people who have blown off previous invitations or who didn't invite her to their weddings. Newsflash: if people aren't willing to hang out with you, they probably don't even give a shit that you are getting married, let alone get "butt hurt" that they you didn't invite them to your wedding. They probably feel let off the hook that they don't have to buy a present for such a delusional asshole.
Image via Shutterstock.