While it's not at all surprising that fashion brands pay celebrities to sit front row at their shows, the amount they're (allegedly) willing to shell out is absolutely insane. Case in point: Rihanna and Beyoncé reportedly get $100,000 for just sittin' in chairs and making thoughtful facial expressions while lots of models glide past them.
Does this tactic work? I'm not sure; personally, I don't think that watching a celebrated millionaire watch a procession of expensive goods would make someone more likely to purchase said expensive goods. But, on the other hand, I never wanted to bralessly watch a professional basketball game 'til Rihanna did it, so maybe it is effective??? Hm.
This report also notes that luxury brands give tons of free shit to celebrities and influencers so that they can Instagram it, which we all know. [Telegraph]
Lupita Nyong'o appeared on Mexico's version of Sesame Street, which is called Plaza Sésamo, in order to teach children how to laugh. "Hello, I'm Lupita. Today I want us to celebrate smile day," Nyong'o says in Spanish. "Do you know how to laugh? Why don't we laugh together? Ready, 1, 2, 3!" And then she laughs the light laugh of a fairy queen.
If I tried to express mirth on command, I would sound at best like a cackling witch and at worst like the guy from Saw, whereas Lupita is flawless. [ONTD]
Dissatisfied with the lack of Daario D in the last episode of Game of Thrones, Playgirl has taken matters into its own hands — by reaching out to Michiel Huisman, the actor who plays him, and offering him a completely naked spread. Huisman, understandably, did not respond to TMZ's request for comment. [TMZ]
- Here is a fairly dubious blind item that's clearly about Beyoncé and Jay Z, in which Beyoncé goes crazy at an unnamed restaurant for running out of her dessert of choice (my guesses: Olive Garden; pumpkin cheesecake) and Jay Z is cheating on her. Such intrigue. [Bossip]
- Omg I feel surprisingly moved by this video of Kanye smiling benevolently and signing someone's fake Air Yeezys ("These are not real... you know that, right? It's fine though.") [Cosmo]
- Channing Tatum is getting Oscar buzz for his newest role. Weird, I didn't know Magic Mike 2 was out yet??? [E!]
- Jennifer Lopez went on the 22-day vegan diet that Bey and Jay did that one time and liked it so much that she extended it. [NY Daily News]
- Ashley Olsen is not hooking up with her celebrity doppelganger, Jared Leto (Mary-Kate is not her celebrity doppelganger because that's not how it works). [Star]
- The debut episode of "I Wanna Marry Harry" got really poor ratings, which is weird because it combines two of America's favorite past times (sexist subterfuge and looking at castles). [EW]
- Miley Cyrus took a bath with a pineapple, took selfies, Blingee'd them elaborately. A++, would look again. [MTV]
- Selena Gomez is now following three accounts on Instagram. [MTV]
- Rumer Willis dyed her hair bright pink, and it looks v. cool. [Just Jared]