Seven (reportedly) down, and one to go. Ocean’s Ocho, the upcoming “spinoff” of Steven Soderbergh’s Ocean’s movies, is in the final stages of casting three more actors to its ever-growing lineup. Deadline reports Wednesday that Rihanna, Awkwafina, and Anne Hathaway will fill slots cinco-siete.
The film will be produced by Ocean’s Eleven director Steven Soderbergh, and Ross wrote the script with Olivia Milch. Ross and Soderbergh are longtime informal collaborators, serving as second unit director on each other’s films and as sounding board on scripts and projects.
Allow me to take a guess as to who each of these seven women will be playing:
- Sandra Bullock: the boss
- Cate Blanchett: the boss’s more approachable and more relaxed best friend
- Mindy Kaling: the neurotic, innocent-looking genius who everyone underestimates
- Helena Bonham Carter: the ghost
- Awkwafina: the straight-talking loose cannon who always gets shit done
- Rihanna: the wealthy and successful Barbadian singer who moonlights as a con woman because it is the only thing in life that excites her anymore
- Anne Hathaway: the Anne Hathaway