Bad news, guys: everyone's favorite large-haired ghost whisperer with a reality television program may not actually possess the ability to whisper to ghosts.
According to fraud whistleblower (alternative title: professional party-pooper) Ron Tebo, Theresa Caputo — medium, dog owner, author of You Can't Make This Stuff Up — is, in fact, making this stuff up.
Tebo says he's been interviewing Caputo's clients and associates for over a year — which is, like, a really long time to hold a professional grudge against a TV medium — and accuses her of various forms of trickery, including cold reading, purposely asking vague leading questions, and having her employees run background checks on ticket-holders at her events "to guarantee a catch."
Here are some testimonies from disappointed attendees at her events: "She seemed off and almost every reading was like pulling teeth to match up info. She was really grasping at straws and did a lot of 'fishing,'"; "Some [readings] were just off the mark"; "There were three levels of seating and 2,500 people in attendance [and] Teresa spent the whole time on the first floor."
As someone who once went on a brief but passionate Long Island Medium bender and shed copious amounts of tears throughout, this is v. disappointing for me. This world is a cruel place with definitely not enough ghosts in it. (Also, on a more serious note: it's horrible to take advantage of grieving people like that!!!!!) [Radar]
Charlize Theron went to Pinkberry and realized after she had received her yogurt treat that she'd forgotten her wallet. Stars: they're just like us! Ha ha, just kidding; they are not — she came back later with Sean Penn and an $100 bill, leaving a $96 tip. [Just Jared]
Following the controversy around his ill-advised decision to wear a Native American headdress on the cover of Elle UK, Pharrell has issued an apology: "I respect and honor every kind of race, background and culture. I am genuinely sorry." [NY Daily News]
- Scooter Braun (Justin Bieber's manager) Instagrammed an inspirational quote, attributed to himself, in response to those two videos of Bieber making racist "jokes" that just came out. [Billboard]
- Justin Bieber also took to Instagram, posting a picture of an inspirational quote attributed to the Bible. It's about forgiveness and sinning and stuff. [Gossip Cop]
- If you are interested in reading a interview in which someone pries answers out of a reticent Kendall Jenner, author of the widely acclaimed Rebels: City of Indra, then today is your lucky day! (She likes Beyoncé and apple pie). [Interview]
- Cameron Diaz is really happy in her relationship with aging Hot Topic-dweller Benji Madden. They went to Starbucks together the other day. [People]
- "Ireland Baldwin Kisses Rumored Girlfriend Angel Haze," says this headline. Ok, they've been publicly expressing their love for one another and making out a lot for months now. What are they going to have to do for their relationship to not be "rumored"? Fornicate on the lawn? [HuffPo]
- Here's a photo of Bradley Cooper and Suki Waterhouse clasping their unhinged jaws together romantically. [Just Jared]
- PRINCE WILLIAM LOOOOOOVES COLDPLAY. This is my favorite celebrity gossip of the year. [People]
- This is a real TMZ headline: "Calvin Harris: His SUV Runneth Over WITH HOT CHICKS!" Oh dear. [TMZ]