I SUPPORT THIS. Rebel Wilson has reportedly been cast in the Goldie Hawn role in a remake of the 1980 film Private Benjamin. Wilson will play a woman who joins the Marines because she is "going through some hard times." Hopefully, only the good kind of fat jokes will ensue.
Mark Gordon is producing the movie. New Line is seeking a director.
Hawn portrayed a woman who joins the U.S. Army after her new husband, played by Albert Brooks, dies on their wedding night during sex. Wilson will portray a different character — a redneck who enlists in the Marines to get out of a tough situation.
The original "Private Benjamin," which also starred Eileen Brennan, was a major hit with $70 million at the domestic box office.
BRB, crying about Eileen Brennan for one year. [Variety]
Hugh Jackman's doctor discovered more skin cancer on the actor's nose.
Hugh Jackman has successfully had another cancerous spot removed from his nose after a scare just around six months ago.
"Another Basel Cell Carsinoma. All out now. Thanks Dr. Albom and Dr. Arian. PLEASE! PLEASE! WEAR SUNSCREEN!" the 45-year-old actor wrote on his Instagram account.
My whole existence is worrying about moles. #PaleLife [JustJared]
Jessie J revealed that she had a stroke when she was 18.
"I had a stroke when I was 18," Jessie reportedly announced, and continued to tell the star-studded crowd at Cipriani Wall Street that she is so thankful she was able to recover from her stroke. "I appreciate every day that I am able to live my dream."
The 26-year-old star, whom emcee Chris Tucker called "the new queen of British Soul," was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome as a child (which can cause an irregular heartbeat) and dedicated her performance of "It's OK Not to be OK" to "the people we have lost to cancer and who are battling cancer."
Glad you're okay, Jessie J! [E!]
- Anne Hathaway and Adam Schulman attended a "Bring Back Our Girls" rally. [Us]
- Russell Brand and J.K. Rowling both won big court settlements for completely unrelated things. [E!]
- Some Wand Erections went to the beach. [E!]
- Shailene Woodley and Blake Lively both wore outfits made of the same material so now they have to fight to the death in a large pit. [E!]
- "Will Kendall Jenner Steal Kate Moss's Topshop Crown?" Um, do you mean literally? Because they probably do sell crowns there. But I assume Kendall can afford her own. [ContactMusic]
- Karlie Kloss is going to Harvard maybe. [Boston.com]
- Lupita Nyong'o and her boyfriend K'naan went out and ate soup. [Us]
- Paul Wesley and his girlfriend went on a date. [JustJared]
- The voice of Tony the Tiger died! RIP, Lee Marshall. [Us]
- Demi Lovato and Avril Lavigne have matching haircuts. [E!]
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg fell in love by "dating." How novel. [E!]
- goodbye ur welcom
Images via Getty.