Chris Pine costarred opposite Lindsay Lohan in 2006's Just My Luck (A CLASSIC) and he described working with Lohan at the apex of her popularity as "like being around the Beatles."
"It was a real cyclone of insanity, like being around The Beatles," the Star Trek hunk, 33, remarked about working with Lohan, 27, on the New Orleans set of their 2006 film, Just My Luck. "It was fascinating to watch, and in hindsight it's really a distinct moment in someone's life when you see what's really wonderful about what we get to do and what's really dangerous about it."
Lohan, who was 18 at the time Just My Luck was filmed, was hot off the success from her 2004 movie, Mean Girls. The actress, who earned $7.5 million for Just My Luck, was already a household name following 2003's Freaky Friday and 1998's The Parent Trap, her breakout role. After numerous stints in rehab and battles with alcoholism, Lohan made a return to the screen in multiple lesser-known films, while Pine has starred in big movies like Star Trek and This Means War.
ALAS, YOUNG LOHAN. [Us]
Margot Robbie, the female lead in the Wolf of Wall Street, says it takes three tequila shots to get through a nude scene.
"My first racy scene was the standing in the doorway, totally naked," she said. "So that was diving in head first. And I was petrified. I'd come to work that morning and I was shaking, so scared, like, 'I can't do this.'"
A crew member took pity on her and offered her "a little liquid confidence," she said. "And I was like, 'it's 9 in the morning!' And he's like, 'We're in New York!' So I was like, 'O.K., hook a brother up!'" He brought her a flask of tequila. "And I did three shots of tequila and then took my clothes off and did the scene and I was fine," she said. "It really helped stop my hands shaking, and gave me a little boost of confidence."
"So," Ms. Robbie concluded, "Acting 101: three shots of tequila and you'll be fine."
And, since no profile of a female celebrity would be complete without an ostentatious mention of what she ate, Robbie consumed a brownie during the interview, causing the interviewer to "like her immediately." (Weird, that usually has the opposite result for me.) [CarpetBagger]
The new episode of Sherlock was the series's most-watched episode EVER OF ALL SHERLOCKS.
Overnight ratings show that 9.2M viewers tuned in to learn how the high-functioning sociopath faked his own death in the last episode of Season 2, The Reichenbach Fall — and to witness his reunion with Dr John Watson (Martin Freeman). The Empty Hearse drew a 33.8% share to be yesterday's most-watched program, peaking at 9.7M viewers, while provisional figures also make it the the most-watched drama of the whole holiday period in the UK.
I HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET SO SPEAK TO ME NOT OF SECRETS. [Deadline]
- Here's a new clip from Vampire Academy, if you're into that sort of thing. [MTV]
- Naomie Harris says that she hasn't experienced racism in showbiz, but she's also not getting cast on Downton Abbey any time soon either, so. [Telegraph]
- People are freaking out about this photo of one of the One Direction kids playing electric guitar with his electric guitar unplugged. (Because, apparently, we were all under the impression that arena pop music is all played live by virtuosic musicians with no backing tracks?) Ever the intrepid factchecker, I asked my musician boyfriend if there's such a thing as a wireless electric guitar. He said, "Yes, but it would typically be an instrument cable that goes to a wireless receiver. The wireless capability isn't usually built into the guitar, which is what it'd have to be in that photo. And that's unlikely, because that wouldn't be a very versatile solution, because you're going to limit your compatibility with different venues by having just one unchangeable wireless unit. Basically, if that IS what he's doing then he's an idiot. The Edge did that for a while, but then he switched back." WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT. THE EDGE SWITCHED BACK. #LINDYWESTTRUTHSLEUTH [9gag]
- Jessica Simpson says she's using her upcoming wedding as thinspiration. [E!]
- Also thinspiring: Kate Hudson's pilates outfit I guess. [E!]
- Miley Cyrus is "experimenting." [ShowbizSpy]
- Fantasia Barrino says she is not suicidal. [Radar]
- UGH KATE WINSLET BE MY GIRLFRIEND. Responding to tabloid criticisms of her new pregnancy, Winslet dropped this tasty burn: "I'm really sorry to the nation's press that I fell in love and got pregnant; I do apologize if you deem that irresponsible." [People]
Image via Getty.