Pharrell is on the cover of Elle UK wearing — sigh — a headdress as a fashion-prop.
According to both the Indian Country Today Media Network and the Highlight Press, the promotional copy on ElleUK.com originally read, "We persuaded ELLE Style Award winner Pharrell to trade his Vivienne Westwood mountie hat for a native American feather headdress in his best ever shoot." Oh! Did you!! Trading a hat for a sacred item in a fashion context, okay. I wonder if anyone's ever tried that before?
That little bit about "convincing Pharrell" to "trade" Vivienne Westwood for a headdress has since been removed, likely as an act of minor damage control because many commenters were (very understandably) not happy with the disrespectful decision to turn a significant piece of indigenous culture into a fun lil' Fashion Prop, on par with that goofy giant hat that Pharrell wears everywhere.
Kourtney Kardashian is pregnant with her third child, according to multiple sources plus her decision to drink ginger ale instead of wine at lunch one time. Congratulations to her and Scott Disick. Here is a celebratory photo of Scott talking on the phone to money. [Us]
Here is your biweekly Sad Drake update: he and his recently-ex girlfriend Rihanna were both at the same Summer Jam after-party. They did not talk once. She smiled at him a few times; however, they did not approach one another. RIP Drake/Rihanna as a second-time-around couple, you left this earth far too soon. [E!]
- In an interview, 50 Cent says that one time Beyoncé accosted him because she thought he and Jay Z had issues: "She jumped out and was like this, 'What?! That Bonnie and Clyde for real! You try this or what, boy?! I'm here!'" Thus laying the groundwork for her On The Run tour trailer starring Blake Lively. [Cosmo]
- Katy Perry says that she will probably write songs about her breakup with John Mayer for her new album. Alternatively, she can just play their cloying duet "Who You Love" backwards to reveal the hidden message ("John Mayer was a demon sent from hell to croon us all into eternal misery.") [E!]
- Here is a "racy pic" of Harry Styles casually watching boxing whilst reclining naked on an armchair. Tbh I feel like the raciest thing about it is his sensual head wrap. [E!]
- Did you know that Sarah Paulson and Pedro Pascal (Oberyn from Game of Thrones) are friends???? I did not, and I screamed with witch-like mirth upon seeing this photo of them just hangin' out. [Just Jared]
- Sinead O'Connor's new album is named after Lean In. Corporate feminism is the new tearing up photos of the Pope, I guess? [Billboard]
- LOOK HOW HAPPY KANYE IS! [ONTD]
- Heidi and Spencer are going on Celebrity Wife Swap. I am honestly shocked that this took so long to come about. [TMZ]