Tom Hiddleston will be playing country legend Hank Williams in an upcoming biopic entitled I Saw The Light. He will be singing several songs. This is not a drill.
Hiddleston, whom you may recognize from the Avengers and also from heaven — a place from which it may have hurt when he fell — announced the role last night. According to Deadline, Hiddleston will sing such Williams standards as "Your Cheatin' Heart", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and "Hey Good Lookin'," which he will presumably croon into a mirror.
The film will chronicle Williams' triumphant rise to fame and its disastrous effects on his health and personal life (he died at 29 of heart failure). Here is a preview of Tom Hiddleston holding a guitar whilst seeing the light, which he tweeted last night:
CAN'T WAIT. [Deadline]
In other Hunk News, here's the first photo of Chris Pratt on the set of Jurassic World. Not sure if that motorcycle is the most efficient way to flee dinosaurs, but love the Henley shirt. [IndieWire]
Jon Hamm hung out with Puddles the Clown. Atop his head was a newsboy cap. Puddles made a clown-duckface. A+++ work, team. [E!]
- An eyewitness who saw Khloe Kardashian and French Montana leaving South Africa says they were "like teens in love." Idk what that means. Making out behind a Pizza Hut before curfew? [E!]
- Eva Longoria says that having kids is "not in my future." It's good to hear her talk about her decision so openly and casually, especially because it defies the prevailing tabloid narrative that female celebrities who don't reproduce are sad failures. [NY Daily News]
- On a related note: Diane Kruger told Metro, "I'm not married and I don't intend to be. " [Just Jared]
- This is a photo of Drew Barrymore cradling her very cute children in a "MOTHER OF DRAGONS" shirt. Blessed be. [PopSugar]
- Chelsea Handler is allegedly leaving late night because she's sick of celebrities, which is the best humblebrag-complain I've ever heard. I'm going to start using that as an excuse when I want to stay in and watch Netflix. [HuffPo]
- Here's a fun and easy way to celebrate Father's Day this year, courtesy of Prince William: make a giant portrait out of 1,550 individual Toblerone bars. [Hello]
- Anne Hathaway and her husband got a new puppy!!!! (I wish all celebrity news was just about celebrities acquiring new pets.) [Just Jared]
- Coachella-bound Moaning Myrtle Lana del Rey has reached peak Lana del Rey: "I wish I was dead already," she said in an interview with the Guardian. Sigh. [ONTD]