I love it. Let's go. Let's do this. E! suggests Connie Britton for the role of supershero (SORRY) Wendy Davis. They also like Bryan Cranston for Lieutenant Governor Dewhurt, Bill Maher for Senator Kirk Watson (!!?!!?!?!), and Cuba Gooding, Jr. for Senator Rodney Ellis. Do yours do yours do yours! Do yours in the comments!
She's the Iron Man of women's rights.
In actuality, it's probably more of an Erin Brockovich story. One that has Aaron Sorkinwritten all over it (the entire filibuster is literally just talking, can you imagine how excited theNewsroom creator would be to tackle all that dialogue?)
And we've got the perfect cast all lined up, starting with the most obvious: Connie Britton as Wendy Davis. Connie can play tough and vulnerable (both traits required for this role) and, in our opinion, is severely underused by Hollywood.
What? I'm sorry, WHAT!?
Prince Jackson just testified ... Dr. Conrad Murray informed them of Michael Jackson's passing by glibly announcing, "Sorry kids. Dad's dead."
Prince has taken the stand in the Jackson family's wrongful death lawsuit against AEG, saying all he and his siblings could do was cry after hearing the news.
Prince said he recalled being in the sitting room of the Holmby Hills mansion when his father went into cardiac arrest on June 25th, 2009. Prince said he heard screams and Murray summoned him upstairs, where Prince saw his father "half hanging out of the bed" while Murray administered CPR.
Jesus Fucking Christ. Fuck. I remember when Michael Jackson died it felt like almost a relief—he just seemed like misery personified, like he'd been trying to kill himself in slow motion, in front of our eyes, for years. I am so ashamed that I thought that. Human beings are so much more complicated and important than that. [TMZ]
Justin Bieber is being sued for using "MMA moves" on a paparazzo in Calabasas.
The suit alleges that Bieber was having trouble maneuvering his Mercedes Sprinter van out of a parking space and had yelled, "F—k off! Get out of my way!" at those gathered around to watch him, when, "a few seconds later," he leaped out of the van, sprinted toward Duran and "delievered a martial-arts type kick" to the plaintiff's lower-left rib cage.
Bieber then punched Duran "hard" on the right side of his face, the complaint states, and pushed him back against a parked car, while Duran was saying, "'Justin, you don't have to do this,'" and holding up his hand in "a submissive gesture."
The suit further states that Gomez got out of the van and told her then-boyfriend, "'Justin, stop! They're taking your picture!'" and an unidentified woman who had been watching the altercation unfold also encouraged Bieber to stop.
In other Bieber news that I care about way more, his newly naturalized German monkey-son has some Real Talk to deliver. [BuzzFeed]
- Seth Meyers ate a grilled cheese sandwich. [E!]
- Kristen Bell and Russell Brand and Lourdes and Olivia Munn love gay marriage. [E!]
- Rob Kardashian says that the name North West "sounds cool!" [Us]
- Here is a picture of Cameron Diaz next to a picture of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (SPELLED THAT FROM MEMORY, BITCHEZ). [JustJared]
- George Clooney isn't weird about socks or something, says nonsense article. [JanetCharlton]
- Courtney Cox is dating her costar Brian Van Holt. [ShowbizSpy]
- Oh, Demi Lovato's dad died? I am so sorry. [E!]
- Of course Stacey Dash is fucking defending Paula Deen. Of course. [E!]
- Let's end the day on happier memories of Stacey Dash, from before Twitter invited us inside every celebrity's brain. (Also, remember when that dress shape was everything?)
Images via Getty.