Halle Berry testified today in support of a bill she's championing to protect the children of celebrities from paparazzi harassment. Her stories are horrifying—particularly from the period when Berry and Gabriel Aubry were locked in a brutal custody battle over daughter Nahla.
“‘How do you feel, Nahla? You may not see your father again. How do you feel about that?’” Berry said they would ask her child, adding that she had hoped to move to Europe to escape the constant media glare. “They say curse words and call me names, all trying to provoke some sort of response to sell a photograph.”
Naturally, her daughter is confused by the attention, and “doesn’t want to go to preschool anymore” because she’s always trailed, Berry said.
She’d ask, “‘Why did they say that to me, mommy? What does that mean? Who are these men and why are they following us?’” Berry said, before introducing fellow celeb mom Jennifer Garner. “We aren’t just whiny celebrities. … We’re moms who are just trying to protect our children.”
I mean, it's not like I was under some sunny impression that paparazzi are just delightful neighborhood kooks with a passion for photography, but Jesus Christ, humans. [ABC]
This completely shady website I've never heard of says that Khloe is divorcing Lamar on Wednesday! Do with that information what you will!
MediaTakeOut is reporting that Khloe Kardashian has filed to divorce Lamar Odom on Monday in Los Angeles!
MediaTakeOut says to expect an “official announcement” on Wednesday – leading many media insiders to think that the news will break on the cover of PEOPLE magazine – that hits newsstands Wednesday.
However, several Kardashian family insiders tell NAUGHTY BUT NICE ROB that this is not true -for now!
On the off chance that this is legit, I AM AGAINST IT. [NaughtyButNiceRob]
Jennifer Garner says she "wouldn't be surprised" if husband Ben Affleck went into politics.
"Right now [Ben] feels like he can do more good for people politically from outside the system," she says. Affleck, 40, founded the Eastern Congo Initiative in 2010. The organization works to raise funds and public awareness about the region.
"Would I be surprised if one day he did go into politics? No. But not now," she says, adding that she supports the idea. "I'm along for the ride."
Ugh, it's like she's a human Rambaldi device where you put in literally anything and delightfulness comes out. [People]
- Kanye West used to be in a rap group called the Go Getters. You can listen to them if you want. [Idolator]
- Devious Maids got renewed for a second season. [Variety]
- Kristen Stewart ate lunch, wore black. [JustJared]
- Here's the first look at Cover Girl's new line inspired by Catching Fire. [E!]
- Here's Freida Pinto driving a boat on the cover of Conde Nast Traveler. [JustJared]
- Jennifer Aniston says she'd rather shave her head than get "The Rachel" again. [E!]
- James Marsden says he's a maximum dweeb trapped in the body of a hunk. [JustJared]
- Whoa, whut. Will Arnett is dating Katie Lee, Billy Joel's ex-wife—best known for being a less-high-energy Padma Lakshmi. [ContactMusic]
- BYE, BASHFUL NAP O'CLOCK.