This is a very weird story: over the weekend, Zac Efron and his bodyguard mysteriously ended up in Skid Row, a bad area of downtown L.A., after midnight. From there, a series of misunderstandings (???) occurred, resulting in Zac Efron getting punched in the mouth by a homeless man.
L.A. law enforcement told TMZ that some cops on patrol came across Zac and his bodyguard "in a full-blown melee with at least three other guys." After breaking up the fight, they questioned Zac — who said that his car had run out of gas and that, while waiting for a tow truck, he'd thrown a bottle out the window:
Zac said the transients confronted him and the bodyguard because they believed the pair hurled the bottle at them. Zac says 2 of the transients attacked the bodyguard and when Zac got out of the car to help, he got cold cocked in the mouth. Zac said, "It was the hardest I've ever been hit in my life."
No one was arrested because the police viewed it as "mutual combat." [TMZ]
James Franco says that Lindsay Lohan lied about having slept with him on her Celebrities I've Slept With List, calling into question everything we as a society believe to be true and good.
The subject came up in a very typically Franconian way; in an interview with Los Angeles magazine, he was asked about some poems he wrote about LiLo and other celebrities. "I didn't write anything bad about them," he responded. "And Lindsay herself lied about me with her 'people she's slept with' list!" Sigh. Nothing gold can stay. [The Hollywood Gossip]
Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian are getting a new spin-off reality show, entitled Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons. If they have any sense, they'll just have it be a shot-for-shot remake of Grey Gardens, starring Kourtney as Big Edie and Khloe as Little Edie and Scott Disick as the various raccoons in the attic. [Hello!]
- Robin Thicke says that Paula Patton "loved" his emotional tribute to her at at one of his concerts but that is probably because Robin Thicke thinks that all women love everything he does. He also says that his music is "very honest." Uhhhhhh. [Bossip]
- Channing Tatum recorded a sweet video message for an 18-year-old cancer patient named Alisa Finley. [Cosmo]
- Sienna Miller says she is "not very good at the selfie face." Coincidentally, The Selfie Face is the name of my upcoming memoir about being a millennial. [E!]
- James Van Der Beek says he had an awkward plane ride with Adrian Grenier years ago — they were seated next to each other on a flight to LA, where they were both trying out for the role of Dawson in Dawson's Creek. Obviously, James Van Der Beek was the right choice. [HuffPo]
- Teen heartthrob Niall Horan hung out with the queen again at an event honoring Irish people's contributions to Britain (his contribution is this picture of him wearing a tank top and holding a baby). He invited her to a One Direction concert. I wonder if she'll go. [Hello!]
- Leighton Meester covered Fleetwood Mac. [Just Jared]
- Harry Styles wants to "get together with" Rihanna. Uh, yeah, join the club. [ONTD]