Both Mya and her manager have refuted the geyser of rumors surrounding an alleged affair between her and Jay Z since Beyoncé changed some lyrics in one of her songs last week. When someone on Instagram straight up asked her if she was Jay Z's "side chick" (ugh) she responded:
"Never did, never was, never will. Illegitimate, thirsty sources with no facts and that's the "media" for you—especially today. I play second do no one, pay my own bills, have my own label, own management company, rely on God only and respect myself & marriage way too much for nonsense. False rumors are crafted for ratings & numbers. And miserable, unhappy people need someone to judge to deter the attention away from their own misery and feel better about their miserable lives. If they did it to Jesus, they'll do it to anyone. God Bless."
Honestly? God bless the Jesus Defense. Her manager Mike Killmon told New York Daily News:
"Someone walked up and asked her about it while she was accepting an award at a church…At first it was just ridiculous, but then some die-hard fans start making threats. She really couldn't care less about the rumors, but she wanted to set the record straight when the after-effects started to become troublesome."
Well I'm glad that's cleared up! [NYDN]
Scarlett Johansson won her lawsuit against author Gregoire Delacourt after suing him for "fraudulent use of her name, fame and image" to promote his book La premiere chose qu'on regarde (The First Thing We Look At). Johansson sued for $69,302 and sought an injunction to keep the story from being translated or adapted to a movie. The court threw out the injunction and rewarded her $3,397. [Inquisitr]
There are two things that held Sigourney Weaver back in Hollywood: her height and her desire to have a family. See that was cool until I read this: "I feels sorry for women like Katharine Hepburn. She might have won four Academy Awards, but she never got to enjoy what it means to be a mother. I find that very sad." UH LOL YEAH. Pls take unwarranted pity on one of the greatest most outspoken actresses of all time. [Contact Music]
Victoria Beckham tweeted some photos from her and David's wedding for their 15th anniversary. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS PICTURE.
Thank you for your beautiful messages.Its such a special day for us both.Your love and support means so much x vb💜 pic.twitter.com/A8S0PkMgIt
— Victoria Beckham (@victoriabeckham) July 4, 2014
THEY ARE CUTTING THEIR APPLE CAKE THING WITH A SWORD WHILE WEARING MATCHING PURPLE OUTFITS. WHAT. [People]
- "Sad Justin Beiber Alone On A Yacht." [BuzzFeed]
- Khloe Kardashian had her 30th birthday party in Las Vegas last night (her birthday was last Friday). She's already been showered with gifts, but for her birthday, she just wants "positivity and having fun." [People]
- Demi Lovato thinks she had it easier than Miley because she "didn't twerk—I went to rehab!" That's probably a fair point. [Contact Music]
- Glastonbury was Dolly Parton's biggest crowd. [BBC]
- Lea Michele's new relationship with Matthew Paetz is an "honest and happy" one. [US]
- Kanye West went off one of his signature rants at the Wireless festival, this time about consumerism and the media (which is just RICH), and the crowd booed him. [BuzzFeed]
- Robbie Williams misstepped and fell into his audience, breaking a fan's arm. I guess the stars directed his fate offstage. [Contact Music]
- So apparently Nick Cannon has been cast as Richard Pryor in the upcoming biopic, but Pryor's widow Jennifer says that's not true and thinks Terrence Howard should get the role, but Pryor's children think Marlon Wayans should get the role. But if you want, we can go back and talk about how NICK CANNON MAY BE PLAYING RICHARD PRYOR. [TMZ]
- Brody Jenner never dated Lauren Conrad: "We worked together on a show called The Hills where we had to pretend like we were dating but we never dated." Everything is a lie. [US Mag]
Lead image via Getty.