UK musician Kate Nash posted to Instagram that a man cornered and groped her in her own home in Los Angeles. It’s a pretty terrifying story, but Nash seems to feel empowered by the telling of it.
2 days ago I got groped in my own house by a man I don’t know. I was alone & cornered in a bathroom & extremely threatened. I’m sharing this information with you because women are encouraged to keep quiet, not take up space & hide when they get violated. We are scared to come forward because we don’t want to cause trouble or a scene. We don’t want to talk about heavy shit & make ppl feel uncomfortable. Women & girls are also mostly told they were asking for it & accused of making it up. So sometimes we think twice about coming forward, or we don’t at all. I’m tired of feeling that way. Talking about these issues can a) help to prevent them in the future & b) make us feel stronger, more supported & safer. I’m also teaming this statement with a photo of me looking like a total & ridiculous G shot by @abaxley because I don’t like the usual imagery associated with assault, we don’t have to look like a victim to be one, I actually happen to be a badass bitch from hell, this shit can happen to anyone. Speak up & don’t be discouraged
Nash live streams a lot, but I couldn’t find the clip where she discusses her assault. She does talk a lot about vaginas and sexism in the music industry, in between talking about her dog. [Just Jared]
This is the first story about the Kardashians that actually made me afraid for and angry with them. It’s hard to explain, but nothing else about Kim, Khloé, Kendall, or even Kylie has ever really reached me, emotionally.
Watching them ride around a Hollywood tour in horrible prosthetics so they can torment their tour guide, the obviousness of the paparazzi tip-off that “catches” them afterwards, how unwilling Kylie was to actually do anything to make herself look older or less hot. It’s all too much. Anyway, look:
It’s just sad. [US Magazine]
The Pope is on Instagram, follow him for pics of his feet next to Jesus’ on the beach:
- Patrick Schwarzenegger has a new girlfriend who likes dressing up in Mexican ponchos. [US Magazine]
- Mama Kris was hurt that Rob Kardashian decided to have a blast with Blac Chyna on his b-day, instead of atrophying with her in a mansion. [Radar Online]
- Manny Pacquiao banned, but not yet from earth, unfortunately. [Towleroad]
- Teen Mom Catelynn Lowell has checked into a clinic for anxiety. [RealityTea]
- Gwen Stefani was embarrassed by her break up with Gavin Rossdale. [US Magazine]
- Katt Williams is being sued for assaulting a woman with both violence and witchcraft. [WetPaint]
- Marla Maples is losing her marbles. [The Huffington Post]
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.