Mindy Kaling dared utter the words "I don't want to be skinny" in the pages of Vogue "Nobody Wants to See A Real Person on the Cover" Magazine and the earth did not plummet from its axis. Hooray!
"There's a whole list of things I would probably change about myself. For example, I'm always trying to lose fifteen pounds," she told the magazine. "But I never need to be skinny. I don't want to be skinny. I'm constantly in a state of self-improvement, but I don't beat myself up over it."
Later, when discussing her sartorial choices (as one does in Vogue), she said, "It's really tempting not to take chances. But I don't want to be fearful. I don't want my tombstone to say, she hid her imperfections well on the red carpet." [Vogue]
Cameron Diaz's soundbites are the best celebrity soundbites in the world. Further proof of this: she recently told Glamour, "I think that all women have been sexually attracted to another woman at some point. It's natural to have connectivity and an appreciation for the beauty of other women." Also: "I love women — and I don't believe in female jealousy." [ONTD]
Peter Dinklage (a.k.a. Tyrion Lannister) has not read Game of Thrones, although he tried. "I started to read it, but I got confused," he told David Letterman. "George R.R. Martin is probably going to kill my character soon because I've mentioned that." OR MAYBE HE IS ALREADY DEAD?? (Please don't tell me; I haven't read them either!)
(What if in the next book George R.R. Martin kills off every single character and the rest of the series is comprised of postmodern tomes set in the consciousness of a crow? It could happen.) [ONTD]
- Don't throw away your neckbeard just yet: Mumford and Sons are not breaking up. [Billboard]
- Khloe Kardashian bought Justin Bieber's house. I wonder if some Shining-type stuff is going to happen! (Most of it would involve egging and Bieber's abandoned monkey, I think). [E!]
- Rihanna and Drake went out to dinner together but went into the restaurant through separate entrances. NOT SNEAKY ENOUGH! Drake should have worn a Phantom of the Opera mask. [Just Jared]
- "Mila Kunis Makes First Official Appearance as Pregnant Woman!" I think she's appeared a lot of places Officially Pregnant? Idk. Whatever. She looks great. [Just Jared]
- This is the BEST ARTICLE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET: "Laguna Beach/The Hills Where Are They Now?" I can't even pick a favorite fact. Ok, yes I can: "Audrina Patridge fills up her time with beach frolicking and releasing her own sexy calendar." [ONTD]
- Lindsay Lohan is still clubbing (against Oprah's wishes), buuuut no one has seen her drinking. [NY Daily News]
- Karl Lagerfeld says Cara Delevingne is "not a standout beauty." That is not a nice way to talk about someone you constantly dress up in wedding attire and force to walk you down the runway. [ONTD]
- I will let this sentence from TMZ speak for itself: "Selena Gomez is being dragged into Justin Bieber's legal messes — she was just subpoenaed to testify in one of Bieber's photog-beating lawsuits ... but the upside, Selena's legs LOOKED FANTASTIC." [TMZ]