Way to go, dingdongs! You let Miley Cyrus's publicity machine trick you into thinking that Miley Cyrus wasn't singing about taking a ton of Ecstasy and then doing a dance, when in actuality she was singing about exactly that! Because Miley Cyrus is a Thoroughly Modern Miley who sings about modern things that the kids are into, such as Ecstasy, doing a dance, and tricking dingdongs. Everybody knows that. Except for dingdongs.
You'll recall, the song caught a lot of flack for its overt drug references — including a line that sounds like "dancing with molly" (aka MDMA).
The song's producer insisted the line was actually "dancing with Miley" — but the singer is now saying it was all a lie.
Miley told the Daily Mail, "If you're aged ten [the lyric is] Miley. If you know what I'm talking about then you know. I just wanted it to be played on the radio and they've already had to edit it so much."
And if that wasn't clear enough, she added, "I don't think people have a hard time understanding that I've grown up. You can Google me and you know what I'm up to — you know what the lyric is saying.
Apparently Bryan Cranston hung out at Comicon all day wearing a Bryan Cranston mask, pretending to be a guy cosplaying Bryan Cranston. GENIUS.
Fun fact, you guys: I'VE BEEN BRYAN CRANSTON IN A LINDY WEST MASK THIS WHOLE TIME. Yes, I know. I'm very good. [TheVerge]
Rapper J. Cole apologized for a shitty, insensitive lyric.
"In a recent verse on the song 'Jodeci Freestyle,' I said something highly offensive to people with autism. Last week, when I first saw a comment from someone outraged about the lyric, I realized right away that what I said was wrong," Cole wrote in an apology letter to advocacy organization Autism Speaks. He posted the note on his Dreamvillian siteon Sunday.
The line that Cole caught some heat for finds him making reference to the developmental disorder as he lyrically berates his hip-hop competition: "I'm artistic, you n—-as is autistic, retarded."
..."I was instantly embarrassed that I would be ignorant enough [to] say something so hurtful," Cole continued. "What makes the crime worse is that I should have known better."
Real apologies give me such a raging boner. [MTV]
- Do you want to rent Chris Rock's renovated carriage house for $7,950 a month? It's down from $12,000, so, BARGAIN! [Curbed]
- Sacha Baron Cohen has dropped out of the Freddie Mercury biopic because of "creative differences." [Variety]
- Ryan Reynolds's talking snail movie didn't do that well, so now he's fired from being famous. [NYDN]
- Here's some Game of Thrones-themed advice for the royal baby. [EW]
- Wow. "Fashion Poll: Which of Sofia Vergara's Monokinis Is Your Favorite?" LEGALLY BINDING. [E!]
- Puck from the Real World was arrested for domestic violence. [TMZ]
- Prince Charles is pumped. [JustJared]
- IMPORTANT. [GAAAAAAAHHHHHH]
Images via Getty.