Prior to choosing David Crosby as the sperm donor for her two children, Melissa Etheridge says she briefly considered asking Brad Pitt for his A-list jizz—but ultimately decided not to because she and her then-partner Julie Cypher wanted a donor who wouldn’t insist on co-parenting.
“Well actually, because [Brad Pitt] was such a good friend of mine and we did consider it and yet, I looked and I saw how badly we wanted children and I thought, ‘I don’t want to share this with someone who really, badly wants children because my children don’t need another parent—they have two,’” she told Australia’s Studio 10. “Of course now my teenagers are like, ‘I could have had Brad Pitt as my dad!’ My son said, ‘I could’ve been amazingly handsome!’”
“It’s one of the reasons why David Crosby and his wife are so perfect—because they already had children,” she continued. “They were looking to do this as a gift. And my children are lovely and gorgeous anyway.”
That’s genuinely interesting and all, but what does she mean by “[Brad Pitt] WAS such a good friend of mine”?
Melissa, I’m listening...
Beyoncé and Jay Z took Blue Ivy to the White House Easter Egg Roll and, embarrassingly, Blue came very overdressed.
These two scamps!
- Related: It will probably cost a pretty penny to get Blac Chyna on Keeping Up with the Kardashians. [Dlisted]
- Kristen Stewart’s new girlfriend maybe once dated Robert Pattinson. [Radar]
- Someone is finally suing Tom Hanks for fathering Chet Haze. [TMZ]
- Teresa Giudice is training to become a yoga instructor and I would very much like to attend her class. [NYDN]
- There’s an arrest warrant out for both Kat Williams and the teen he got in a fight with. [TMZ]
- I hope to one day be referred to in an US Weekly article as a “billionaire gf.” [US Weekly]
Top image via Getty.