Matt and Amy Roloff, the couple at the center of of TLC's Little People, Big World, have announced their decision to separate after 26 years of marriage. I've only seen the show once or twice, so I have little understanding of their family dynamics, but I wish them and their kids the best. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to end such a longterm partnership—let alone when you're under such public scrutiny and you've built a career on your family brand.
"Though we have weathered many storms together, we recently made the tough decision to engage in a trial separation," they tell PEOPLE exclusively.
"Matt remains living on the farm in our guest house and we work together everyday on the farm, on our business endeavors and most importantly, raising our amazing children."
..."Amy and I had a lot of tension, so right around Thanksgiving, I thought I would move over to the bridal house for a little bit and we'll try that. Amy and I stuck it out for years and years when maybe we shouldn't have. I never quite felt at home in my own home so something needed to change," he added. "We needed to try something different."
"I think what Matt and I failed to do over many, many years is learned to live together," says Amy. "It's not my choice for him to leave. I am saddened by it. We don't have a plan as far as how we are going to work this out, so it's not going to be easy."
It's hard to stomach, but breaking up is almost never the wrong decision. Otherwise, you know, you wouldn't break up. [People]
Catherine Deneuve explains how to "age gracefully":
"What is your secret to aging with grace?" Deneuve was asked when the conversation about her new film inevitably turned to her age. To that, she simply replied "You have to try not to fight so hard against time, you know. It's not that I enjoy it. It is just not that much of a problem."
Another tip: Look like Catherine Deneuve. [Elle]
- Jamie Lynn Spears is getting married. [Us]
- Emma Watson IS THE PRETTIEST. [E!]
- Beyonce's makeup artist picked her three favorite Beyonce looks. [People]
- Britney Spears wore a weird plastic shirt to the gym. [Us]
- Here is a photo Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in bed with two weiners. [E!]
- Oh dear. Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler are anti-vaccination truthers. [ThinkProgress]
- Here is Johnny Weir's husband talking about blowjobs. [TMZ]
- Princess Diana reportedly leaked private royal phone numbers to the 'bloidz. [E!]
- ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK SEASON 2 SNEAK PEEK PHOTOS 4 U [Us]
- "Candice Swanepoel Chugs a Coconut in a Sexy Black Bikini." [E!]
- Rihanna and Drake did sexual "private bowling." [E!]
- This guy from Pawn Stars is not dead, so, okay. Good hoax, guys. [E!]
- Apparently Lena Headey (Cersei) and Jerome Flynn (Bronn) dated and then they broke up and now they hate each other and can't be in the same room and it's hella awkward. [Express]
- Au revoir!
Images via Getty.