Lupita Nyong'o's star continues to rise: the amazing, brilliant and beauteous actress has just been named the new face of Lancôme.
This is Lupita's first major endorsement deal (of many, hopefully). She's Lancôme's first black spokeswoman. In a statement about the partnership, she said:
"I had to give a speech about beauty right before the Oscars, and for me, beauty is a compassion for yourself and those around you. And I think that in focusing on that, the light inside illuminates the beauty outside. The idea that Lancôme now has a few actor ambassadors is significant because actors are not just faces, they are spirits that people enjoy and relate to more than in an aesthetic way. We have the privilege of standing for something other than just looks."
She also mentioned Sudanese model Alek Wek, a personal inspiration of hers: "When she came on the scene, I felt more seen. Having me on a huge campaign like this will hopefully do that for other girls or people who feel unseen or underseen."
The campaign, which was shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, will appear this summer. Lupita is the absolute best. [WWD]
Jack Gleeson, who plays Joffrey on Game of Thrones, says that the meanest thing he's done in real life is read his sister's diary when he was 7. Also, he ruined the end of one of the Harry Potter books for the same sister. He says the only consequence for his actions was "shame." [EW]
Emma Watson, actress and Brown student, is also a qualified yoga instructor. She took it up to anchor herself during her very busy life. She told Elle, "I was like, "I need to find a way to always feel safe and at home within myself". Because I can never rely on a physical place." Also, remember how she is good at painting? SAVE SOME OF THE TALENTS FOR THE REST OF US, EMMA. [Daily Mail]
- Some rando tweeted something mean at Sarah Jessica Parker and SJP called her out, big-time (the "cruel and vulgar" tweet that sparked the exchange has been deleted, though). [E!]
- Bill Clinton asked his aides to investigate what the government knows about U.F.O.s. HA! As if your security clearance is high enough for that (alternatively: as if you aren't a shape-shifting reptoid from the star system Alpha Draconis yourself, as all politicians are). [NY Daily News]
- Brandon Jenner wait, who cares. [Gossip Cop]
- Suki Waterhouse and Bradley Cooper are still together, as evidenced by her walking his dog. [Just Jared]
- The cover art for Katy Perry's next single, "Birthday" — a song that mostly contains of melodic genital metaphors, I think — is a #tbt pic that has been decorated on Blingee. [Just Jared]
- Is Drake rapping about Rihanna? MTV goes all National Treasure on this mystery. [MTV]
- Justin Bieber has been fined $11.5K for skipping a deposition to party in Miami. [Radar]
- EL CHUPACABRA HAS BEEN FOUND. [TMZ]
- Anna Wintour went to a party where everyone was skruffily drinking wine out of plastic cups and hated it there. [Page Six]
- There's a Miley Cyrus porn parody. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [ONTD]
Images via Getty.