As a very talented and famous teen witch whose hair is filled with esoteric mysteries, Lorde does not have to suffer fools.
Case in point: she was interviewed on The Kyle & Jackie Show on Australia's KIIS 1065 radio station. As part of the interview, one of the shock jocks asked her about her tender friendship with Taylor Swift. "I see your guys' pictures everywhere. As you guys, like, together now?" he asked. Faced with stony silence, he dug himself into a deeper hole: "Not together as in lesbians…I'm not talking about 'Ellen together.' I'm talking about, like, you guys are friendly, right?"
Lorde responded, "What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together?' Is there something wrong with lesbians? Is that what you're trying to say?" He quickly denied that's what he was getting at (it was pretty clearly what he was getting at).
Sorry, nerd, but Queen Lorde does not have time for your moronic homophobia. [E!]
Newly (and tragically) reunited Celebrity Power Couple Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are, like, totally into each other. As evidence, Justin Bieber uploaded two Instagram videos of their sensual dance class, which he has since deleted. BUT THE INTERNET CATALOGS ALL THINGS, BIEBER. (You can watch Step Up 5: The Biebs at the link.) [Gossip Cop]
Kristen Stewart might be the new face of Nike. Is this the start of a trend? Will more celebrities partner with #normcore brands? Can't wait for the Rihanna for North Face campaign. [Hello]
- Gwyneth Paltrow was a mean girl in high school, says a former classmate, speaking anonymously to a gossip site — which is kind of like the celebrity equivalent of a Burn Book. Mean girl behavior: pay it forward. [DListed]
- Lily Allen says that her entire "feminism shouldn't be a thing anymore" comment was made up, even though it appeared in an issue of ShortList that she guest-edited. K. [DListed]
- On the Bachelor, one blond woman was sent home and another had to pretend to be happy that she'd been chosen as #1 Woman by this season's romantic oaf. [E!]
- Jay Z wore Beyoncé merch because he loves her very much. [E!]
- One of Katy Perry's friends put vodka in her kale juice, which she liked, but which would probably have caused a lesser human to vomit all Exorcist-style. [E!]
- Lena Dunham's boyfriend posted a "Flashback Friday" photo of him and Lena hanging out with the Obamas. (Not to filter-shame, buuuut the filter he chose is not great. It looks like a modern-day interpretation of Piss Christ.) [NY Daily News]
- Grumpy Cat sat on the Iron Throne. [HuffPo]
- Frank Ocean told Chipotle to fuck off :( I hate when my friends fight and I'm caught in the middle :( [Gossip Cop]
- Ricky Martin thinks that you deserve to be happy. [Just Jared]
- Is that....... Josh Hartnett in a man-bun???!!! [Just Jared]
- Lauren Conrad shaved her head. [People]
- Kim Kardashian does SoulCycle because of course she does. [Just Jared]