Golden Globe winning actress Lady Gaga is nominated for an Oscar this year for the song “Til It Happens to You,” which she co-wrote with Diane Warren for the documentary The Hunting Ground. But not everyone thinks Gaga actually helped write it! By “not everyone” I mean “everyone but Linda Perry.”
In a series of now-deleted Tweets written yesterday, the songwriter claimed she heard Warren’s original demo and suggested Gaga probably only “re-wrote” a single line.
Reports Page Six:
“I have Diane’s original demo with her singing,” Perry, 50, tweeted early Monday. “The only line that has been changed ‘Till you’re at the end, the end of your rope.’ Originally was ‘Til you got a hole ripped in your soul.’ So I guess technically one line was changed so sure Gaga possible ‘rewrote’ a line.”
“But changes are Diane still took part in rewriting that line which means Gaga contributed a few words,” she summarized her thoughts. “Is that writing? Not in my book.”
Within hours, Warren weighed in:
And then, finally, Perry took it back.
Grade A damage control, Linda.
Look. Just because Leo and Rihanna kiss a lot doesn’t mean they’re in love. They’re just good friends! Page Six reports the two close buds were recently at Club L’Etoile in Paris, where Leo was spotted “leaning in and smooching the Barbadian beauty.”
If you were good friends with either Leonardo DiCaprio or Rihanna, wouldn’t you engage in some consensual/non-sexual kissing when out and about in the City of Love? No? OK, fine.
Here’s a video Ryan Coogler accidentally revealing J. Cole’s recent marriage.
- What if Chris Rock backs out of hosting the Oscars? [Page Six]
- Duchess Kate is going to be busier than you in 2016. [Daily Mail]
- The Simpsons are the family you meet at a big birthday party and then can’t stop talking about on your drive home. [Us Weekly]
- Sean Penn’s recent attempt at journalism has made Madonna “fear for her life.” [Radar]
- ...but that doesn’t mean she was drunk on stage recently. [ONTD]
- Someone named...Deana got engaged to someone else named...Winnie? [Us Weekly]
- KATHERINE MCPHEE’S MAIL WAS STOLEN. [TMZ]
- CHRIS HAYES’S GYM BAG ONCE WAS LOST, BUT NOW IS FOUND! [Page Six]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Images via Getty.