The above photo of the “King of Queens final season wrap party” (an iconic moment in pop culture history) was taken in 2007, six years before star Leah Remini left the Church of Scientology. It’s almost hard to imagine now, but Remini wasn’t always such a outspoken critic of the church. As such a high-profile member she was sometimes asked to recruit other celebrities—like her costars.
In an interview with People published this week, Remini revealed that church leaders tried for years to get her to convert costar Kevin James for years. Said Remini:
“They always tried to get me to. ‘Why is he not in? Why have you not promoted it to him?’ I was like, ‘Because he’s Catholic. He doesn’t want anything to do with it. They let it go after a while, but usually you’d be expected to recruit, especially with somebody you work with for nine years.”
In a surprise twist, a spokesperson from Scientology told People this never happened.
Over the past few weeks, media coverage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s romantic trip to Africa and “imminent” engagement will not let up, and this item about traveling to London together—reportedly to “meet up with” Queen Elizabeth II—has me convinced they’ll be announcing any day now.
Writes E! News:
E! News can confirm Meghan and Harry returned to London this morning (Tuesday) as an onlooker spotted them taking the Heathrow express train from the airport into central London.
“The pair wore baseball caps and sat in the first class carriage, reading magazines and chatting quietly,” our source explained. “[Meghan] was smiley and giddy looking.”
I love these two and this wedding is going to be amazing.
You should probably click through to see these screenshots.
- Speaking of huge engagements... [Hollywood Life]
- Stories about Thomas Rhett are suddenly everywhere. [People]
- Sandra Bullock, on donating $1m to Harvey relief: “I’m just grateful I can do it. We have to take care of one another.” [E! Online]
- Who said this: “Always try to laugh as much as possible. Giggling and snuggling are the two sort of staples of our relationship.” [Us Weekly]
- What do you think Scott Disick’s house smells like? For $60,000 a month, you can find out for yourself! [TMZ]