As we collectively reel from the death of Robin Williams yesterday, here's another punch in the gut. Lauren Bacall has passed away at age 89.
Film legend Lauren Bacall passed away this morning after a massive stroke, according to TMZ. The husky-voiced movie star made her scorching debut with 1944's To Have and Have Not, where she delivered one of the most classic lines in film history. Bacall went on to star in films like The Big Sleep, Key Largo, andThe Mirror Has Two Faces, and married two of her Oscar-winning costars, Humphrey Bogart and Jason Robards. (Bacall received an honorary Oscar herself in 2009.) She was 89 years old.
RIP. Condolences to family and friends. [Vulture]
Blathering wig stand Gene Simmons, who moved to America at age 8, has some constructive advice for immigrants.
"I'm actually saying the thing that needs to be said because the politically correct climate is bulls—t," Simmons said. "You don't want to upset anybody by saying, 'Learn to speak goddamn English.' So, as an immigrant, I'm telling you: Learn to speak goddamn English. It is the key that will unlock the keys to the kingdom. If you make the effort, then all the possibilities of this culture will open up for you and give you all the rewards that I've gotten."
He went on, "I wasn't born here and America's enabled me to become a team owner...to have reality shows, to be in a rock band and to have licensing and merchandise and a restaurant chain."
Simmons added that it's "too bad" if people are offended by his message. "Learn to speack a language correctly!" Simmons yelled. "It's not easy. By the way, you don't have to."
Oh, go away, you disgusting hole of pointlessness. [E!]
- Kate Mara did the "ice bucket challenge." [JustJared]
- Kim Kardashian wants MORE BAYBAYS!!!! MOOOOOORE BAAYBAAAAYS! [Us]
- I totally forgot about "Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child"!!! Here is a picture of him. [E!]
- Fun fact: Miley Cyrus eats yarn and poops her own wigs. [E!]
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's mom got out of the hospital and oh my god oh my god look at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson being so adorable HOW IS HE NOT OUR KING YET. [ContactMusic]
- Charlie Hunnam helped Astrid Berges-Frisbey slip sleeping drugs into Dragon's food dish. [JustJared]
- Matt Damon released a statement on Robin Williams's death. [JustJared]
- Frances Bean Cobain tweeted a heartbreaking message of support to Zelda Williams. [Radar]
- MORE VERY IMPORTANT DOURTNEY INFO. [People]
Images via Getty.