Lamar Odom was found unconscious in a Nevada brothel Tuesday afternoon, and has since been transported to a Las Vegas hospital, where he is “battling for his life.” The brothel’s owner, Dennis Hof, says Odom was in a “great mood” when he arrived Saturday, but that his demeanor “changed” after receiving a phone call on Sunday.
Hof said he “heard” Odom took “like eight or 10” pills of an “herbal Viagra substitute” which, reports The Daily News, has “drawn ire from health experts for years” due to its “unknown or unsafe ingredients.”
According to Hof, two female employees found Odom unresponsive on Tuesday afternoon and alerted management, who called emergency services.
“We called 911, my staff did. They said ‘roll him on his left side’ and he started throwing up a lot but he was breathing. Then the ambulance and the police came and took him to the [hospital],” Hoff explained. “They said he was in bad shape and they thought he might not make it.”
The Daily Beast reports Odom (who’s 6’10”) was then transported to Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas by ambulance, as he was “too big” to fit in the helicopter used for airlifts.
Since arriving, he’s reportedly had many visitors—including Kobe Bryant, Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner, and ex-wife Khloe Kardashian, who was “described as completely inconsolable.”
In a statement given to Us Weekly, Odom’s publicist wrote:
“Family and friends are extremely concerned for Lamar...Please don’t listen to the false information being circulated unofficially. Please respect the family’s privacy during this difficult time.”
For some less upsetting news, here’s Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman explaining their given names, Mary Louise Streep and Hokulani Kidman.
- Nikki Reed thinks most celebrity fashion lines “lack authenticity.” Not hers though! Nope, not hers. [Celebitchy]
- T.I.’s wife Tiny says T.I.’s comments about women were “not tasteful” and that he’s sexist “sometimes.” [TMZ]
- Rihanna is “trying hard” not to fall for Travis Scott. [THL]
- Miley Cyrus and Wayne Coyne are going to perform a gig in the nude, which is somehow the least exciting news of all time. [Page Six]
- Ben Affleck shaved his beard, which could mean something. Or nothing. Or everything. [People]
- CHRISSY TEIGEN BABY BUMP WATCH HAS BEGUN. THIS IS GOING TO BE SUCH A GOOD PREGNANCY. [Us Weekly]
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image via Getty.